You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Few questions before I buy your app.

Hello.

I need to ask few questions before I pay for your app. I run on  iMac mid 2011 High Sierra and been using Gimp for years and try out Pixelmator.

I work with Blender 2.79 and need one app as handle my "LOGO" images when I add them to the objects with same color as the object in Blender. Can Affinity do that and do you have tutorialvideo as I can learn from.

Thanks in Advance.

Muggar.9.png

Thank you. OK I explain.

I working on 3D app Blender 2.79. Sometimes I need to add text "Logga" in to my objects. To do that, I need one texteditor. Untill now I have been using Gimp and Pixelmator to create them. I looking for something els. Maybe Affinity Photo/Designer can do that more easy for me.

A.

First you make one object in Blender. (Important) You need to save your colorcode ( D ) as you need in texteditor.

B and C.

Insid texteditor you make your text "Loggor" with the exakt colorcod as the object in Blender. ( D )

Now you open upp your Blenderproject and select the area you want the text to be in at the object

With UV-Mapping Editer you stick your text to the object (See A)

Can your Affinity do that. 

Thanks.

Kalle.

Important there is tutorials how I can handle this.

Lopggor.png

Edited by iMacKalle
Add text.

• Staff

test 2.tiffI think understand.  You want to create text and apply the same colours as used in Blender, export the text from Affinity with a transparent background and take that into Blender.  That is possible,  I've attached a very rough test.png and also test.tiff if you'd like to try. I have no idea how to use Blender so not something i can test myself but i have been advised you should be able to work with a tiff or png file in Blender.  We also have a 10 day trial of both Designer and Photo if you'd like to give this a go yourself https://affinity.serif.com/signup/trial/designer/ and the same for Photo https://affinity.serif.com/signup/trial/photo/

Hope that helps

test 2.tiff

test.png

Hi iMacKalle,

Yes you can specify exact hex color values in Affinity apps.

But you don't need to match a background color in a logo file to the object color in Blender.

As stokers says (and shows), use a transparent background in you logos and you won't have to worry about matching at all.

For example, I can still see the different pink in the Rolex logo on the pink of the cup. If the Rolex file had a transparent background there's no problem.

(Now, if you want to match a color used in the logo itself to the object color, that's another story. And yes it can be done)

2 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

I need to buy both Affinity Photo and Affinity Design for £100.

If all you want to do is mould the text to the crockery, you could do everything in Photo.

You can type the text and distort it using the perspective tool. 

kalle.jpg.df3b8c931e6ae788dcbc3eb754878004.jpg

choose a colour using rgb values, hex values or from swatches. 

cols.png.30bd72b096e016c9ce9eb0d87d7f10c3.png

and make it fit

teapot.jpg.bf9adec92a7d767347266376da2c5fd9.jpg

My moulding is not that great but it can be changed at any time.

You can mould images too.

kalle2.jpg.9d60052d6911d13c33b6115245fa6de7.jpg

However, as stokerg says, you could use blender the way you do now.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

1 hour ago, iMacKalle said:

Thank you guys. Interesting. I try your transparant Test, but transparant color dont work in Blender as backgroundimages, everything turns black. I know your apps doing what I want them to do. I buy them.

Thanks for helping.

I'd hate for you to lose out on one of the powerful capabilities of Blender.

It can certainly take advantage of images with alpha channels.

Please have a look at this 

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/27633/image-alpha-background-renders-black-when-using-import-images-as-planes

Or Google "using images with transparency in Blender" for yourself. Good luck.