You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I've just started using Affinity Photo on the Mac and so far I'm very pleased with it although there are a few annoying glitches that will hopefully be fixed in the near future.

I am a developer and don't have been used to using Photoshop, but have been put off by having to pay a monthly fee for something I don't use that often.

I have some immediate tasks I need to complete and wondered if someone could give me some starters on how to go about doing them in Affinity.

I need a number of images all of the size 128 x 128 Pixels, RGB. These are to be included in my App as .png files.

There are two types of images as so:

Type 1 - 10 Images 128x128 pixels in size.
Transparent Background.
Text with the Numbers "0" to "9", e.g. 9 images with "0", "1", "2", "3", etc. in them.
Text should be centred in the frame of the image.

Type 2 - 10 Images 128x128 pixels in size.

Same as above but with circular frame around the number like a rim around a coin with the numeral centred within the rim.

I think I've figured out how to do this using the donut tool, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the background e.g. non-painted areas transparent (Alpha Channel set to 0).

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

All the Best
Dave

I was wondering if Designer would be the way to go for this and may well get it, but it would be nice to know how to do it in Photo if its possible......

I can do everything except figure how to set the color non-drawn areas to clear or transparent, if anyone could shed some light on how to do this I'd be really grateful.

I have created 3 Layers, one for the text, one for the donut and one for a fill layer. I can then copy this and delete the donut and have both images types, just can't seem to figure out how to set the fill layer to Transparent......

All the Best

Dave