You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour code layers

Hi  

To colour code a layer, I have found some threads which instruct to right click on the layer and choose properties. I cannot see properties when I right click on the layer (see image)

Affinity designer 1.6.0

Thanks

Paul M

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 18.34.40.png

You can only assign colour to a Layer, not to any other type of object (such as Curves, Groups, Pixel Layers).

Right click to open the context menu, choose Properties, and change the Colour.

5a038db8ce4ae_AffinityLayerProperties.gif.d1b91ed23a3810a48d514a8a268dccf7.gif

Notice how neither the rectangle nor pixel layer bring up the relevant entry, but the layer does and changes the accent stripe (only 1 pixel!!) beneath the layer, plus the handles of all contained objects.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

I believe that the ability to colour code any type of object has been requested, as has the suggestion to make the colour coding more obvious / visible.

You may wish to search the forum for these feature requests and lend your support.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.