2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

ChrisP

I was tempted not to approve this new post as it read a bit spammy, but perhaps you would like to add your 2 cents over there.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

I had a look at the link and it did not look at all relevant to Affinity software users. On my tablet, the link would not respond to the back button. I had to close it by closing the tab. I suggest you remove it.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

25 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

On my tablet, the link would not respond to the back button. I had to close it by closing the tab.

On these forums, it's normal for external links to open in a new tab. ;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Just now, Alfred said:

On these forums, it's normal for external links to open in a new tab. ;)

Yes, I was aware of that. However they normally close when I press the back button on my tablet.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 minute ago, John Rostron said:

Yes, I was aware of that. However they normally close when I press the back button on my tablet.

I see, I think! I've never seen that behaviour in any browser, desktop or mobile: if there isn't anything to go back to in the same browser tab, I would expect the 'Back' button to be disabled.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I was tempted not to approve this new post as it read a bit spammy, but perhaps you would like to add your 2 cents over there.

I think it is great that AG is opening up their technology for the reasons I stated in that other thread.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.