Yanichkin

Affinity Designer - expand stroke v1.6.0

Hello! 
Expand stroke isn't working properly work. Is this the norm for Affinity Designer or is it a bug? The problem is only with very small objects less than 10x10 px. 

Affinity Designer 1.6.0

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

bug.png

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with small or big objects on AD version 1.6. I've tried several options from reading in the forum but it is not working correctly.

Is there a way to roll back to AD 1.5 in the meantime? 

Thank you

42 minutes ago, kareldries said:

@maxaffinity If you use Windows you can use this link -> https://affinity.store/en-us/update/windows/designer/1/

For Mac I don't know.

As I understand it, Mac users can only revert via a Time Machine backup.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

21 minutes ago, owenr said:

Not only a Time Machine backup. There are other backup solutions for Macs.

A backup of some kind is required because the Mac App Store provides the current version only.

Thanks, @owenr. I should have known better than to say 'only'!  9_9

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

@kareldries Thank you for the link. There only seems to be an option for Windows. :( Oh too bad, I don't have a backup version of affinity. I'm working on a logo and struggling with expanding strokes, it is very annoying and before it worked ok. 

Does anyone know if there are any news on this? Did anyone find a workaround?

11 minutes ago, maxaffinity said:

I'm working on a logo and struggling with expanding strokes, it is very annoying and before it worked ok.

Have you tried the latest beta release? You'll find a download link and instructions in the thread which is pinned to the top of the Designer Beta on Mac forum.

Alfred online2long.gif

Good luck! I see from @TonyB's second post to this thread that you're unlikely to see much of an improvement before version 1.7, but there's no harm in keeping up with the latest developments.

Alfred online2long.gif

@maxaffinity You're welcome. Unfortunately the issue hasn't been resolved yet. I guess this means rewriting a lot of complex code, which doesn't seem likely to be happening anytime soon.

The workaround offered by Affinity is to scale x100 or more, expand and scale back. You could create your design in Affinity and expand it in another program I suppose, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using AD in the first place.

Thank you @kareldries. Yes, it is a shame as I make use of this feature a lot in my work and I wasn't getting these results in version 1.5.

Expanding seems to be a workaround although not very practical. I could expand it in another program but that wouldn't be so efficient as you mention.