You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Downloading tutorials

There's a 'Download' button on the Vimeo page for each individual video (at the top of the description section below the video title).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

How very odd! I don’t have a Vimeo account, so I can’t log in, but that has never prevented the 'Download' button from appearing.

Alfred spacer.png

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Maybe it's only for the iPad videos.

No, that’s not the answer, Miguel! There must be some other explanation.

vimeo-on-ipad.thumb.jpg.7f6dca312e4738e165e1cb4087541708.jpg

Alfred spacer.png

I don't log in either so It may be how people access the videos

If I go via the channels route..

https://vimeo.com/channels/affinityphoto/

There is no download button on any video

But if I access a video directly e.g.

https://vimeo.com/175371036

There is a download button

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

As a new user of Affinity Photo under Windows, I've downloaded some 250 tutorials using ClipGrab during the past couple of weeks. ClipGrab will download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook, and perhaps others. It's free software available for both Windows and Mac. Just launch ClipGrab, find your video on your web browser, copy the URL to the clipboard, ClipGrab immediately captures the information from the clipboard, and presents you with download options. You'll find it at clipgrab.org. All the official Affinity tutorials are on YouTube as well as Vimeo, and there are many others on YouTube as well. I've copied most of them to my iPad so I can lounge in my recliner and become immersed in the tutorials. After a time, meaning emerges.

Affinity Photo 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

• 2 years later...

I also used to be able to download tutorial videos from Affinity tutorial selection from the Help menu. But now there is no download options. If I go to Vimeo and search for Affinity tutorials and I log in I can get the download button on some of the videos but not all of them, also very hard to find the video I want on the Vimeo site. I would be nice if Affinity allowed us to download the videos from the Help menu tutorial videos.