Jacob Vinjegaard

How to roll back from 1.6

Dear Affinity team,

First off all i would like to thank you for some of the greatest programs ever, until i updated to the 1.6 version yesterday.

After updating to the 1.6 version og both designer anf photo, the programs are useless! there ar so many bugs that it is impossible to remember the all. =(

1. both programs shut down from time to time

2. rulers i designer do not work if i use with artbords.

3. if i drag and drop a picture directly from from a webpage to a designer project, the program just shuts down  

4. if i zoom in, zoom out i photo only a small pice of the pic shows, and i have to restart the program to continue working.

5. Designer duplicate text and change the font when i open old projects... and so on... =(

i use the programs on a my MacBook pro mid 2014 with a I7 2,2 processor and 16 GB Ram. if that information helps you guys to fixing the programs.

But my question is how do i roll back the installation, so i am able to work tomorrow???

Hi Jacob Vinjegaard

unfortunately as the app is delivered by the app store there is no method to roll it back to an older version unless you stored the version away somewhere

2. How do you mean the rulers do not work with artboards. can you expand on what you are seeing and what you are expecting?

3. I've dragged a couple of images form a website and have not had a crash. Is it specific to the project you are working on. Are you able to provide an example file that demonstrates this?

4. Again this is not something I can replicate. Can you provide some screenshots or video of what you are seeing?

5. is this happening  automatically on opening old projects or is this an issue when attempting to duplicate and edit a font in an older document

any extra information you can provide to help us replicate the issue will allow us to solve them for future updates

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

On 11/9/2017 at 4:37 AM, Chris_K said:

...unfortunately as the app is delivered by the app store there is no method to roll it back to an older version unless you stored the version away somewhere...

With the recent update making Nik crash, I think you should find one, because right now Photo is pretty much unusable.