Sign in to follow this  
Inspirimental

Moving Selected Layers with SHIFT + Cursor

Hi Affinity,

Version 1.6 of the designer works in some areas much better. I am still having some issues, that are really annoying in a quick production workflow:

I select several objects within the workspace and move them with SHIFT cursor (left, right, up, down) it works perfectly.

BUT: If I select multiple objects in the layers palette I cannot move the objects with SHIFT + cursor down or up, instead it selects more objects in the layers palette. It ist quiet often the case, that I have to select the objects I am trying to move in the layers palette, and then move them with cursor keys to have an equal distance between them.

Is there a way to prevent the layers palette being in the focus for the SHIFT+cursor entry?

Cheers

Tim

In "framed mode" I just tried the selection of objects in the layers palette and then SHIFT move. Here it is the same issue, new layers get selected instead of moving the objects on the artboard.

Tim

Oh and you can see (or not see) my missing toolbar in separate mode. The video was recorded on an external 4K LG display. I us a 2017 MacBook Pro 15 inch with the Radeon Pro 560 4GB graphics card.

Great!

By the way. I really enjoy working with Affinity Software. Completely removed Adobe from my computer. Once the desktop publishing tool comes to replace indesign I am a happy man :)

Keep up the great work. And especially the very good support and listening to your users.

Cheers

Tim