You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refine Selection - Can you manually adjust the selection?

When I make a selection and choose the 'Refine' button I can use the refine brush feature to ask AP to look again at certain area's of the selection by painting over said area's. But what if I don't like what AP gives me as a selection? Is there an adjustment brush feature I can manually use to refine the selection? Or is there a way to adjust the mask after its made to pick up missed detail?

Cheers.

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

• Staff

There are four brush modes in the Refine Selection dialog, selected from a drop-down list below the sliders. The default mode is "Matte" which, as you have found, causes AP to re-estimate the matte in the brushed area. The other modes are "Foreground" and "Background", which specify areas of full and zero opacity respectively, and "Feather" which locally smooths the matte. Using any of these modes will cause AP to do some automatic local refinement of the matte after each brush stroke. If you want truly manual control you can use Quick Mask mode (after closing the Refine Selection dialog). Quick Mask mode is entered by pressing the appropriate button in the middle of the toolbar at the top of the main window. Then you can use any of the painting tools and filters to edit the selection.

Cheers

Justin

Thank you Justin  :)

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.