You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My 2 cents for Photo & Designer v1.7+

I would love to have...

(P&D) Toggle on/off in Preferences for creating multiple shapes, et cetera on a single layer

(P&D) Pulling Guides from the Ruler with any Tool selected. Mentioned for Designer already, but needed in Photo as well

(P&D) Selecting elements by touching with a selection, not only when completely enclosing

(P&D) Click & Drag select in the Layer Panel

(P&D) Measurement range Tooltip at mouse cursor while selecting, cropping, et cetera

(P&D) Optional greyscale Icon Set, for people like me who are distracted too easily

(P&D) A second dark UI Style, with greater contrast (The Gamma Slider doesn't do it for me!)

(P) Drag Layers from one Document to another (for Windows)

(P) The general Export available within the Export Persona

(P) Rasterize (and other options) multiple selected Layers at once (without merging, of course)

(P) Manually picking Lens profiles in the Develop Persona

• Staff

Hi tynick,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

(P&D) Selecting elements by touching with a selection, not only when completely enclosing

Go to Affinity Designer/Photo Preferences, Tools section and tick Select object when intersects with selection marquee. You can also press and hold ⌃(ctrl) to include touched items in a selection when working on canvas

(P&D) Optional greyscale Icon Set, for people like me who are distracted too easily

Go to Affinity Designer/Photo Preferences, User Interface section and tick Monochromatic Iconography.

(P) Drag Layers from one Document to another

If you are using a Mac go to menu Window ▸ Separated Mode so you can have multiple document windows side by side. You can then drag layers from the Layes panel in one document over the canvas of the other to add them to that document. To achieve the same on Windows drag he document tabs from the top of the interface to the center of the application Windows to detach them (not sure if we can already drag layers between document here - have to check this one).

(P) Lens Profiles for automatic Lens Correction for the Develop Persona, not only that fiddly custom Presets

We already use them provided they are included in the LensFun database.

17 minutes ago, MEB said:

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm glad to be here! ;)

Thanks a lot for responding so quickly and helping me out.

Select object when intersects with selection marquee.

It's working perfectly fine!

tick Monochromatic Iconography.

Don't know if I like them better, but it's definitely less distracting!

To achieve the same on Windows drag he document tabs from the top of the interface to the center of the application Windows to detach them (not sure if we can already drag layers between document here - have to check this one).

Unfortunately, it is not working with my Windows 8.1!

We already use them provided they are included in the LensFun database.

I`ve downloaded the Zip Archive but have absolutely no clue where to extract it... Hope I can figure it out - found no helpful documentation until now!

1 minute ago, MEB said:

You don't have to download the LensFun file. It's included within the program and applied automatically for recognized Lens.

Okay, cool! Is there a way to pick the profiles manually, if the lens isn't detected or to achieve a certain effect?

1 minute ago, MEB said:

No, sorry. You can only do it thought the Lens Correction sliders in the Lens panel (Develop Persona) or through the Live Lens Distortion Filter in Photo Persona.

Alright, than I change my last suggestion from the list into: (P) Manually picking Lens profiles in the Develop Persona :$

24 minutes ago, Doctez said:

You can do that with: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S

I'm aware!

By that I meant, I would prefer a similar dialog for the Export Persona, so I can decide how to export my creative piece (slices as/or bitmaps, if that makes sense).
I often caught myself, clicking the persona, wanted to export as a regular pixel-document-based graphic!