You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Is there a tutorial out there for creating fireworks text effect?

There are so many realistic looking ones out there for photoshop was hoping there was a way of replicating it within Affinity?

Thanks,

Danny

EDIT:

This is the effect I am looking for:

Edited by DannyG
Added desired effect

I'd help if you'd provide an example image that shows what you want to achieve. If you mean something like this, it's a bit easier in Photoshop because there is no Stroke Path feature in Affinity Photo, so you'd have to trace the text with a brush by hand. Apart from that, you can basically achieve a very similar look by experimenting with the brush dynamics. My quick attempts weren't quite as convincing as the ones in the video (mainly because the available brushes are different in AP), but I'm pretty confident it can be done with some more effort. In Affinity Designer, you could just apply a vector brush to the text path, but I don't know of any good vector brushes to create that fireworks look. The raster brushes were, again just from what I could do on the quick, more promising in this regard. Sorry I can't be more specific here.

There are many ways of doing these things in either AP or AD, so it always depends on the desired look and style etc. So if you want to draw these yourself as vectors or instead apply more realistic image looking ones and so on.

Just one of the many possibilities would be for example, you can sketch/draw these yourself with AD and then make some reusable styles or assets etc. out of parts of these ...

fireworks_sample_800.jpg.b5a8f7b65efcd7d7037f3d2fb18282fe.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

6 hours ago, DannyG said:

...There are so many realistic looking ones out there for photoshop was hoping there was a way of replicating it within Affinity?

Photoshop has a lot more filter effects you can use but the Diffuse Noise filter on some text may be a good place to start in AP.

fireworks.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just now, AP doesn't stroke paths w. bitmaps, AFAIK. AD does.

Looking at the mentioned tutorial, and others like it, it would be possible in AD using a vector brush to stroke the font curves. The vector brush repeats or stretches a bit map along a curve.  I haven't come across any vector brushes for AD that are quite the same, but would suppose that getting something close wouldn't be too hard to make. Then, some additional filters in AP, such diffused just mention, and others might enhance the random sparkliness.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

On 11/7/2017 at 1:39 PM, kaffeeundsalz said:

I'd help if you'd provide an example image that shows what you want to achieve. If you mean something like this, it's a bit easier in Photoshop because there is no Stroke Path feature in Affinity Photo, so you'd have to trace the text with a brush by hand. Apart from that, you can basically achieve a very similar look by experimenting with the brush dynamics. My quick attempts weren't quite as convincing as the ones in the video (mainly because the available brushes are different in AP), but I'm pretty confident it can be done with some more effort. In Affinity Designer, you could just apply a vector brush to the text path, but I don't know of any good vector brushes to create that fireworks look. The raster brushes were, again just from what I could do on the quick, more promising in this regard. Sorry I can't be more specific here.

Hi, that video is the exact one I was looking at, at the time I posted this topic. 

Does anyone know of any decent vector brushes that may help me get the desired effect? 

This is the effect I am looking for: