You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bonus Content Installed But No Images In Affinity Photo

I'm using Windows 8.1, 16mb memory. Affinity Photo 16 installed (works fine). Installed the bonus including Uplift Epic Skies. The View/Studio/Library shows everything except the sky images. When I try to locate the skies within Affinity nothing appears as it does in the Uplift Epic Skies tutorial video. Is this how works  on a Mac? Please advise for Windows.

I am not sure what you mean about what the View/Studio/Library shows (I am not a Windows user) but the cloud image files are just jpg files that can be opened or placed in Affinity Photo documents like any other jpg files. You just need to know where they are stored on your drive to do that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

From your kind comment I guess it's hard to know what is happening in Windows when you are sitting at a Mac. I know the images are on my hard drive. Let's accept that. On the training video the sky images are beautifully displayed and available to drag on to the image already loaded. This does not happen in Windows. What I am asking is: is it possible to view the sky images in a similar way to what is shown in the training video using a Windows OS?

1 hour ago, Jeff282 said:

I'm using Windows 8.1, 16mb memory. Affinity Photo 16 installed (works fine). Installed the bonus including Uplift Epic Skies. The View/Studio/Library shows everything except the sky images. When I try to locate the skies within Affinity nothing appears as it does in the Uplift Epic Skies tutorial video. Is this how works  on a Mac? Please advise for Windows.

The Library panel only shows the content of *.afmacros files. When you extract the contents of the zip archive, you should find that you have an 'Overlays & Macros' folder containing one macros file and fifty JPEGs.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You are correct, Alfred. I have the jpg images in a folder for easy access. That's not my problem. I don't seem to be making my request for information clear. I'll try again: If you watch the Uplift Epic Skies video tutorial you'll see the skies .jpg images displayed above the photograph loaded into the work space. (I'm sure if you have watched the video you'll know exactly what I mean.) My question is: can the Windows version of Affinity Photo display the sky images from Uplift Epic Skies (afmacros) in the same or a similar way?

If you have not see the video it's here: 

If you are talking about the skies being previewed and moving across the screen, that is Mac only.

viewmac.jpg.7162a9c2d11f09cf7c13b13f23d4019b.jpg

On Windows, if you go File > Place you will get the normal Windows view,  Here set to extra large icons.

viewclouds.jpg.b430e7406c35560ba2cde0e32e598270.jpg

Option in windows 

extra.png.34a26cf6b1ad0e4cb8b513e124508361.png

Drag the image to Photo to load it, as shown in the video.

Once loaded, you can position the sky image where you want.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

2 hours ago, Jeff282 said:

My question is: can the Windows version of Affinity Photo display the sky images from Uplift Epic Skies (afmacros) in the same or a similar way?

What you are seeing in the video is the Mac OS Application Switcher, a quick way to switch between apps, in this case between Finder (displaying the folder with the jpg files in it) & Affinity Photo (where the file selected in Finder is then dropped onto the Affinity Photo canvas).

It is a feature of the Mac OS, not Affinity Photo. I do not think Windows has a similar feature.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

26 minutes ago, R C-R said:

What you are seeing in the video is the Mac OS Application Switcher, a quick way to switch between apps, in this case between Finder (displaying the folder with the jpg files in it) & Affinity Photo (where the file selected in Finder is then dropped onto the Affinity Photo canvas).

It is a feature of the Mac OS, not Affinity Photo. I do not think Windows has a similar feature.

No. We don't get things like that, or Layers panel preferences menus, or Vertical Alignment sub-menus. Nothing at all really. :(

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

6 hours ago, toltec said:

No. We don't get things like that, or Layers panel preferences menus, or Vertical Alignment sub-menus. Nothing at all really. :(

You won't get things provided by the Mac OS (just like Mac users won't get things provided by the Windows OS) but anything that is provided by the app itself that you don't currently get is an omission that could be fixed in an update, particularly if <ahem> you report it in the bugs on Windows sub-forum. ;)

Affinity Photo 

These are pretty much OS file management related browser capabilities, in this case Mac OSX Finder related features, and so nothing Affinity related. - For Windows systems there are other Microsoft Explorer based third-party add-ons or other Windows file management tools available, which do offer similar things.

There are also some obviously direct Mac OS influenced third-party tools available for Windows, which some people have worked out, one such is for example called:  Explorer Cover Flow

Just do a internet based web search for Windows file management tools or Win Explorer add-ons etc, which do offer image flow capabilities, this should show some related Windows stuff.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

55 minutes ago, R C-R said:

You won't get things provided by the Mac OS (just like Mac users won't get things provided by the Windows OS) but anything that is provided by the app itself that you don't currently get is an omission that could be fixed in an update, particularly if <ahem> you report it in the bugs on Windows sub-forum. ;)

Thanks for the tip. I have another reason to visit the Windows sub forum.

2 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

These are pretty much OS file management related browser capabilities, in this case Mac OSX Finder related features, and so nothing Affinity related. - For Windows systems there are other Microsoft Explorer based third-party add-ons or other Windows file management tools available, which do offer similar things.

There are also some obviously direct Mac OS influenced third-party tools available for Windows, which some people have worked out, one such is for example called:  Explorer Cover Flow

Just do a internet based web search for Windows file management tools or Win Explorer add-ons etc, which do offer image flow capabilities, this should show some related Windows stuff.

I will take your welcome advice. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TomT said:

Hi guys, i’m new here and to AF.  I am a Mac user and want to get these Epic Skyes, and Macros, i read about.  How and where can i get it?  

The free content offer including Epic Skies & such ended in early November. See for example this topic.

Affinity Photo