joaornmarques

Bug with canvas when I change the window to another monitor

Hello, first of all, I have to say that Affinity Designer is probably the best design software that I ever bought, really awesome!

But I've found a bug that happens since I made the update to 1.6 version. I normally work on a Macbook Pro retina and an external monitor with a lower resolution (1920x1080), and when I change the window between the monitors all the project canvas don't resize correctly, as you can see on this example, from mac screen to the external monitor:

Project on Macbook screen:

macbook.thumb.jpg.acc597c6e9dbd3f586fdb661653423a7.jpg

Project on external monitor: 

monitor.thumb.png.4796e31e1ef126ec85bbe08869fdc857.png

Isn't a critical bug, because I can use the program normally if I don't change the window between the monitors, but I decided create the topic for your consideration.

Regards,

João Marques

Hi joaornmarques

This looks like a simple re-draw error in changing resolutions, with just certain underlines and labels. Your artboards and content seem to be correct. If you zoom in and out slightly to force a red-raw does everything go back to normal?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello, Chris_K

Not really, when I zoom in and out to force the re-draw, the proportions are still messed up. Other detail that I forgot to say is that the program assumes that the artboards size are the same of the underlines, so I can edit and drag the components on that empty space, out of the visible artboards.

Cheers

I had the same problem. My workaround was closing the document with Affinity in the external monitor and opening it again.

So I guess the problem is opening a document in Affinity in the Mac, and then dragging it to the external monitor.