You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Appreciate some guidance, please.

Good Morning and Happy Monday, (morning in USA anyways... ;))

I was hoping someone could take the time to answer a question for me...

Until Affinity Designer is available for the IPad Pro, I still switch back n forth to my laptop. There has to be an easier way to do this? Can I use my iPad as a drawing board hooked up to my laptop so I can run AD? I hope this  makes sense, basically because it's obviously easier to use my apple pencil than to use the mouse. I run Windows 10 professional. 

Thanks to any and all advice, 

Jen

33 minutes ago, Spoiled by design said:

Good Morning and Happy Monday, (morning in USA anyways... ;))

You must be on or near the west coast! It was 6pm here in the UK when you created this thread, which was already 1pm on the east coast of the USA and noon in the midwest. :P

33 minutes ago, Spoiled by design said:

Can I use my iPad as a drawing board hooked up to my laptop so I can run AD?

There certainly are apps that allow you to use an Android tablet as an input device for a Windows PC, or to use an iPad as a graphics tablet for a Mac, so I'd be very surprised if apps to use an iPad as a graphics tablet for a Windows PC aren't also available.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just spent half an hour trying to use  Duet Professional, and spending I think $40. Waste of time and money. Affinity on iPad 12.9" was too small to use. Could not zoom in, just had a 27" display reduced to 1/4 size. Changed resolution. The host iMac no longer had a mouse cursor, and the duet display had no desktop icons.  I was irritated enough that I wiped it of the iPad, and wiped it from the host by logging in as a different admin to wipe it out, 'cause its been too long since I knew how to stop a process by its PID. I'd hoped to give my Huion tablet to one of my kids by switching to the iPad/pencil, which works better. No such luck.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thank you for your replies. I knew something was out there, I just didn't know what exactly. 

I believe I just need to  be patient until AD comes out on IOS. As much as I am anticipating the release for ipad, I also appreciate that the Affinity team takes their time to create such quality and innovative products. 

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Jen