Kiarian

No autosave in Affinity Photo/Designer?

I only just realised, is there no autosave in Affinity Photo/Designer? It's been crashing a lot since the update. Hopefully it'll be patched soon, but an autosave function would be handy, for the times I forget to CTRL-S.

Hey Kiarian,

The app is set to make a file recovery interval every 300 seconds by default so if you crash, the most amount of work you should ever be losing is 5 minutes, which I appreciate a lot of work can be done in 5 minutes. Consider reducing this from Edit > Preferences > Performance > File Recovery Interval.

If you notice a pattern with the crashes, please let us know because ideally we'd like to get this fixed.

Thanks Chris,
I remember now about the file recovery. The reason for the thread was that Affinity Photo & Designer were both crashing yesterday (Version 1.6), and when I went to reboot, there was no option for recovery. It wasn't a big deal, as I was just playing around with an image, but it was a good half hour's doodling.

The crash I was getting was when skipping between both programs. I would be using Designer, click File>Edit in Photo, then it would crash. Also I opened up a JPEG file in Designer, selected rectangle tool, immediately as I clicked on the screen it crashed out, not giving me a chance to recover (which for that instance was no big deal). I'm using a Windows 7 PC. It seems stable right now.

22 minutes ago, Kiarian said:

I would be using Designer, click File>Edit in Photo, then it would crash. Also I opened up a JPEG file in Designer, selected rectangle tool, immediately as I clicked on the screen it crashed out, not giving me a chance to recover

Ah that is something I've experienced. I've also had it where switching to the other app didn't load the document and it wasn't in the previous app (nowhere to be seen) so I was without my document... I believe dev were looking at some sort of fix for this. I'll find the issue and speak to dev. 

Hey Kiarian,

I just noticed your other post (which I've closed as a duplicate) regarding this. It looks like we marked this as fixed in the bug report so I've reopened it as something clearly isn't right still. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Hey Kiarian,

I just noticed your other post (which I've closed as a duplicate) regarding this. It looks like we marked this as fixed in the bug report so I've reopened it as something clearly isn't right still. 

OK, thanks for keeping us updated.