mark209

I need to go back to version 1.5

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @mark209. :)

Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic. It just causes confusion for anyone trying to help, and it won't get your problem solved any more quickly.

Huion GT 185 HD

Affinity Designer 1.6

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.3.180 • Designer for iPad 1.8.3.2 • iPadOS 13.5.1 (iPad Air 2)

21 hours ago, mark209 said:

Hello

So I updated to 1.6 and now my Huion GT185HD no longer works with Affinity designer

I need to go back to 1.5 

How can I do this?????

Have you tried enabling "High Precision Mode" in preferences?

Yes I tried"High Precision Mode" It makes no difference the pen is simply dead and does not have any effect on the tablet, It's not the Huion

because it works normally in Manga Studio, Photoshop , cinema 4D and illustrator . 

Thanks so much for that link I uninstalled Affinity Designer 1.6 and reinstalled 1.5 and now everything is working fine .

I will update when the Huion conflict issue is sorted

If you need anymore info let me know . I really would like to install 1.6

Hi, this is probably a little late now that you've switched back to 1.5, but I would be interested in your log file in AppData. Also, do you have the latest tablet driver installed? Have you ever updated your tablet without uninstalling and reinstalling the driver? 

hey

don't know about the log file cos I uninstalled 1.6 ...

I checked the driver for the Huion GT185HD and I am not up to date !

I have always uninstalled drivers before installing the latest versions 

Let me try getting the Driver up to date and reinstalling 1.6 , I just need to get through some stuff first ...

4 minutes ago, mark209 said:

hey

don't know about the log file cos I uninstalled 1.6 ...

I checked the driver for the Huion GT185HD and I am not up to date !

I have always uninstalled drivers before installing the latest versions 

Let me try getting the Driver up to date and reinstalling 1.6 , I just need to get through some stuff first ...

Great thanks Mark. Let us know how you get on. If you're still having problems after the driver update, can you upload your log file to this thread?

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Log.txt