56_kruiser

Mult Photos loaded/edited-> Batch export?

I'm sure this is a simple task, Sorry to bother...I'm just getting started with Affinity, moving from CSS5.

I have several photos loaded, have edited. I want to automate saving and closing the files. Seems I need to export.

I tried creating a batch, but it seems as opposed to PS, batches apparently do not work on already loaded and edited photos (at least not that I can tell). So I tried creating a macro, but it said a macro cannot export.

Any suggestions?

Hi 56_kruiser,

Welcome to the forums.

As you've found, Affinity doesn't support batch exporting of currently open files or have export as part of a macro. As development continues more options will be added to both export and macros so these will hopefully be possible in future updates.

i have the same problem.

Working with macros makes no sense if you cannot save (export) the photo with a macro, too.

Because i edit upto hundreds of photos a day (all photos have to be saved in the same format and into the same folder) it is not useful if you have to save (Affinity call this "export") every photo manually after editing.

I want to find an alternative to CSS, but in PS it´s possible to "save as" as a part of a Macro for many years...

At this time the lack of the "export"-function as part of a macro is the k.o.-argument against Affinity Photo for me...

I downloaded a trial version and saw that Affinity did not allow a group of open edited photos to be exported. That was a deal-breaker,so I let the trial expire.

I currently have no way of checking, so I'm wondering: was this issue ever addressed in a newer version?

7 hours ago, Ansel said:

I currently have no way of checking, so I'm wondering: was this issue ever addressed in a newer version?

No.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Batch export / save as is really important to me too!

I just cropped and adjusted 30+ photos, but now I have to go through 3 or 4 clicks/commands PER PICTURE, and also have to wait for the previous to finish, before I can do the next.

I'm also on the Affinity Trial - was planning to not renew my PhotoShop subscription (which expires this month) but this feature is giving me cause to pause and reconsider. 

Is there any news on if & when the export/save can be automated too?