You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mult Photos loaded/edited-> Batch export?

I'm sure this is a simple task, Sorry to bother...I'm just getting started with Affinity, moving from CSS5.

I have several photos loaded, have edited. I want to automate saving and closing the files. Seems I need to export.

I tried creating a batch, but it seems as opposed to PS, batches apparently do not work on already loaded and edited photos (at least not that I can tell). So I tried creating a macro, but it said a macro cannot export.

Any suggestions?

• Staff

Hi 56_kruiser,

Welcome to the forums.

As you've found, Affinity doesn't support batch exporting of currently open files or have export as part of a macro. As development continues more options will be added to both export and macros so these will hopefully be possible in future updates.

i have the same problem.

Working with macros makes no sense if you cannot save (export) the photo with a macro, too.

Because i edit upto hundreds of photos a day (all photos have to be saved in the same format and into the same folder) it is not useful if you have to save (Affinity call this "export") every photo manually after editing.

I want to find an alternative to CSS, but in PS it´s possible to "save as" as a part of a Macro for many years...

At this time the lack of the "export"-function as part of a macro is the k.o.-argument against Affinity Photo for me...

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I downloaded a trial version and saw that Affinity did not allow a group of open edited photos to be exported. That was a deal-breaker,so I let the trial expire.

I currently have no way of checking, so I'm wondering: was this issue ever addressed in a newer version?

7 hours ago, Ansel said:

I currently have no way of checking, so I'm wondering: was this issue ever addressed in a newer version?

No.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 7 months later...

Batch export / save as is really important to me too!

I just cropped and adjusted 30+ photos, but now I have to go through 3 or 4 clicks/commands PER PICTURE, and also have to wait for the previous to finish, before I can do the next.

I'm also on the Affinity Trial - was planning to not renew my PhotoShop subscription (which expires this month) but this feature is giving me cause to pause and reconsider. 

Is there any news on if & when the export/save can be automated too?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, tippula said:

in 2022, it became possible to export open tabs at the same time?

Not to my knowledge.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 months later...