You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cinemagraph feature for Affinity Photo iPad & Desktop? (When?)

Dear  Serif,

How much do I have to pay you, to have this feature added in a (very soon) update for Affinity Photo on iPad?

Adobe Photo has this feature, well... you need to as well fam :)

SIDENOTE: Designer for ipad waiting anxiously on it. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

Affinity Photo doesn't currently have any animation features, and Serif apparently has no plans to add them.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Affinity Photo doesn't currently have any animation features, and Serif apparently has no plans to add them.

That’s Scary.

Especially in this age of technological wizardry. Not moving along with the wave, it will pass you. I wish them luck if that’s their stance. 

Specs:

• 3 weeks later...

Why just for the iPad? It would be a great addition to the desktop version as well. I think most Affinity Photo users really want to be able to leave Photoshop once and for all, and be able to have all the features of Photoshop with the ease and design of Affinity Photo. If Serif would do this, there would be a major industry shift.

In God's Harmony

On 11/23/2017 at 1:16 PM, roddy said:

Why just for the iPad? It would be a great addition to the desktop version as well. I think most Affinity Photo users really want to be able to leave Photoshop once and for all, and be able to have all the features of Photoshop with the ease and design of Affinity Photo. If Serif would do this, there would be a major industry shift.

I’ve never used the desktop version. Truth be told, I do everything on my iPad. 

That said, I agree with you - all versions of AP should have this feature. 

Specs:

• 5 months later...

Fixx,

Deceptively (as many other software companies have been doing to attract customers), in the App Store it states "FREE" but doesn't tell you that there is a WATERMARK unless you decide to pay for a plan ($16.66 / month or $199.99 billed annually). Funny how paying monthly comes out cheaper by $.07.

I'm tired of these tactics. An app is not free if you have to pay to remove watermarks or to be able to import, save, or export a finished file.

In God's Harmony

1 hour ago, roddy said:

I'm tired of these tactics. An app is not free if you have to pay to remove watermarks or to be able to import, save, or export a finished file.

If you don’t want to get involved with in-app purchases for continued use or to remove watermarks, you might like to take a look at Cinegraph - Living Photos.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried the above app.

Alfred spacer.png

No idea about Ipads but if you where on a Mac or on Windows, you could also give a look at for example easy-cinemagraph.
It is also available on Steam - But i haven't had the need yet to use such a program nor did I tested it.

http://easycinemagraph.com/

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

If you don’t want to get involved with in-app purchases for continued use or to remove watermarks, you might like to take a look at Cinegraph - Living Photos.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried the above app.

Alfred,

Thanks for the link. I don't use my iOS devices for editing, though. I use my iMac. But thanks anyway.

In God's Harmony

1 hour ago, myclay said:

No idea about Ipads but if you where on a Mac or on Windows, you could also give a look at for example easy-cinemagraph.
It is also available on Steam - But i haven't had the need yet to use such a program nor did I tested it.

http://easycinemagraph.com/

myclay,

This is closer to what I'm looking for, but $75 for just an app that does one thing is in my opinion too expensive. Affinity apps like Photo and Designer do so much and are no where in that price range.

For a stand alone app that has just one goal, like cinemagraphs, I think more than $20-$30 is pushing it.

Thanks again for searching, though.

In God's Harmony

1 hour ago, roddy said:

Alfred,

Thanks for the link. I don't use my iOS devices for editing, though. I use my iMac. But thanks anyway.

No problem, Roddy. I'm sorry it wasn't clear to me that you specifically wanted something for your iMac.

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks guys! I ended up downloading this. $3 .  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cinemask/id1267851571?platform=ipad&preserveScrollPosition=true#platform/ipad

Initial testing says it does the job. I don't mind editing on ipad. Cinemagraph pro seems pricey but it does include hosting which is important for distribution. 

There is a massive future in cinemagraphs, plotographs and what comes next simply because it equates to good engagement. I am a web designer so the potential smaller file sizes / engagement ration look good. I think Affinity should be careful not to ignore it.