You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import from Aperture 3

Hello Tim_R,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Open Aperture -> Preferences, Previews tab and change Share XML with other applications to Always.

Let me know this solved the problem.

Share XML did not produce thumbs. Perhaps because I use a referenced library.

Also, layered PSD files (not in Aperture) have blank thumbs in the media browser.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

Just now checked this out.  Does not display images from my Aperture library.  I have a few in Pictures, some in folders, some not.  It displays those that are not in a folder, but all I can get for the others is the folder icon and name - they will not open.  The Aperture preferences are set as indicates (Share XML, Always) and I have a managed library.  

What version of OS X are the successful and unsuccessful users using?  Could it be related to the change in the iPhoto/Aperture library introduced in Mavericks?

(MBP, 9,2;  SSD; OS X 10.10.2)

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the Beta. I have Aperture 3 on a seven year old 24" iMac with Yosemite. I found that I could just drag and drop an Aperture thumbnail in View into Affinity Photo with no problem. Works with iPhoto on my MacBook Air, too. So reason to believe that it will do the same with Photos when that arrives. Definitely faster than having to "Open in Photoshop CS4" in Aperture and wait while the image loads into Photoshop *drums fingers on table*. And, yeah, CS4. I somehow never got the email that allowed the one free upgrade so I'm stuck since I refuse to subscribe. It probably won't run at all on the next OSx iteration, so I'm really, and I mean really, hoping that Affinity Photo will replace it.

Yes this is a very important feature. The Aperture database is excellent. The features of search and all the tagging options are one of the primary reasons why pro users love it.

Now if it's dead in the water, this will provide Serif with an excellent opportunity to profit from the disaffected users. So please make sure that the media management is up to scratch. So far very impressed.