Alenn

Cannot reset password

Help please

I cannot reset my password - I have tried but I do not get an email back from you. I have set up another account using a different email address and that now says the email address or password is wrong when it isn’t so I cannot log onto Affinity on my iMac!

I can however log on via this forum - makes no sense.

i have upgraded to the recent version and wanted to take you up on the free extras but I’m hitting the above wall.

In my opinion the Affinity website is not very user friendly and I find it very frustrating - that said the photo software is great...

Pete

Pete, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

These 'off the shelf' forums do not share a databases with the (secure money taking) Affinity Store. 

The people who bought Affinity software through the Mac App Store are Apple customers and Serif do not have any knowledge of the purchase or ownership, so we do not have accounts for all Mac users, only Windows users who bought through our website. 

If you use the "New to Affinity" option and any email/password combination, then you will be able to create an Affinity Store account and claim the included content. 

If you do not have an account, the "Reset Password" option does not send an email telling you that.  I may ask for this to be addressed, sorry. 

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Aghhhh! Patrick - where is ‘new to affinity’ ?

thanks for coming back to me so quickly - new to affinity isn’t on your web site?

Have looked on your website and Facebook page and can’t find it .....

Help 

pete

5 hours ago, Alenn said:

Aghhhh! Patrick - where is ‘new to affinity’ ?

thanks for coming back to me so quickly - new to affinity isn’t on your web site?

Have looked on your website and Facebook page and can’t find it .....

Help 

pete

Pete,

You do not have to have a store  account to get the 1.6 offer content, as the account needed is created by the act of claiming it (or for Windows customers, an existing account used if you do have one) . I will explain the process. 

First upgrade the desktop software to version 1.6.x This is important as the feed does not have the offer in 1.5.x

When you run the software, bring up the welcome screen, (using help menu "Welcome..." if it's been turned off). On the welcome screen you should see 3 or 4 scrolling adverts and one is for the free content. [If you don't see the scrolling advert then you can not follow the rest of these instructions until you do. You may have (a) stopped the app from connecting to the Internet with a firewall or packet blocking app, or (b)  be running Mac on Lion or Mountain Lion or (c) be on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer that has TSL 1.1 & 1.2 turned off or (d) another reason that we haven't worked out yet] 

Once you see the welcome adverts, Click on the included content advert. Your default browser will open on an Affinity Store page with 3 free items. (if your default browser does not show the Affinity Store, copy and paste the URL into a different browser) 

The Affinity Store order page is where the "NEW TO AFFINITY?" option is, the alternative tab says "EXISTING USER?". Choose "New to Affinity?" and you are asked to enter the email address and password to create an Affinity Store account and claim the included content. 

Many users of the Mac version are confused by the choices on that store basket page as they are not new to Affinity, but they are new to the Affinity Store, which is what we meant. Note: the iPad version of Affinity Photo 1.6 is not eligible for the 2 week offer and does not have the welcome screens either.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Hi Patrick - thank you for the clear instructions - now have the downloads and look forward to using them

pete