You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes lagging + offset while painting

From what I've seen so far you guys did a wonderful job with Photo, thank you so much!! One thing in particular that needs some closer look for me is the noticeable lagging of paint brushes plus the little offset when starting to paint (leading to little gaps in drawings). I've noticed some lagging in designer as well, but since the focus is on vector drawing it is not as important as it is here.

To refine what I wrote earlier a bit more: the lag gets more noticeable after a number of lines have been drawn, so the more you paint/draw the more the offset and lag is keeping you from precise painting. The tool delay section in the preferences doesn't have an influence on that. Hope this helps, all the best again!

oliwetti

Thanks for the reply, I tried to attach an image that might help to explain that, but I can't find a way to do that. The lag is rather inconsistent, so sometimes it is stronger noticeable sometimes less. However it seems to me that after a few hundred lines the gap that comes from the offset is growing bigger, not with every line you draw though. Maybe this has to do with the history getting longer? This aside, your program really is a wonderful alternative to photoshop and I'm looking forward very much to the final version!
Cheers, oliwetti

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.