Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

I add my +1 for this feature as well. 

As someone who tries to make a living being an iPad-only user, I do not have the free alternatives listed above (in a very unpleasant and aggressive manner). In fact there are no good true vector distort tool alternatives for iPad at all.

Please don’t forget about us. All the best!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, Mark Freeman said:

Canva will eat both

The whole Affinity Suite costs as much as “owning” Canva for a couple of months. I think that Canva will eat itself up, like all the other greedy subscription-based software out there.

Affinity makes a strong argument that people are tired of borrowing (expensive) software. I think that with 2.0 this will become even more obvious.

1 hour ago, iuli said:

Affinity makes a strong argument that people are tired of borrowing (expensive) software.

You are aware what thread you’re on right? 😂….. and how old it is? 🤣 I will happily be proved wrong if AD implements free transform. I use AD/AP on ipad primarily…. they don’t even have rulers! Great programs other than that, but those two features (or more importantly Affinity’s reluctance or inability to address their absence) will mean that both programs will never be legit competitors in their current iteration. What do you know that I don’t ref 2.0?

2 hours ago, iuli said:

The whole Affinity Suite costs as much as “owning” Canva for a couple of months. I think that Canva will eat itself up, like all the other greedy subscription-based software out there.

Affinity makes a strong argument that people are tired of borrowing (expensive) software. I think that with 2.0 this will become even more obvious.

This has been years with NO communication from Affinity. IF and when v2 ever turns up, who knows if they'll do anything with Designer, it seems to be at the bottom of their priorities.

The lack of communication is very strange & it will be Affinity's downfall! I don't like to believe the conspiracy theorists but it does seem very odd!

Posted (edited)

@Mark Freeman,

I obviously have no more knowledge regarding 2.0 than you, or anyone else here, have.

But according to an article published February 7 by aecmag  Version 2 of the suite is due out in 2022 and promises to bring a slew of new capabilities. One customer who is beta testing V2 told (the author) will also make the switch from Adobe ‘even easier’

https://aecmag.com/technology/serif-affinity-for-aec-firms/

2.0 being paid means that most of the criticism and missing features are going to be addressed, otherwise people would be reluctant to upgrade, I think?

I agree with you that Serif would obviously have to address lots of iPad issues and missing features; no ability to import palettes, no rulers, no macro creation, (or that saving bug which continues to be a pain for almost 2 months instead being addressed day 1), and other issues and missing featured from the desktop software, will ‘surely’ have Serif’s full attention for the next iteration. How else would Serif convince people to upgrade?

@MCFC_4Heatons,

The lack of communication is upsetting, but I don’t believe Designer is at bottom of Serif’s priorities; maybe bringing Publisher and StudioLink (edit, to iPad) pushes everything else aside? About the conspiracy theories, I’d never bother to even joke about them. That’s where all the crap in this world takes form.

Kind regards to both of you :) 

Edited by iuli

1 minute ago, iuli said:

The lack of communication is upsetting, but I don’t believe Designer is at bottom of Serif’s priorities; maybe bringing Publisher and StudioLink pushes everything else aside? About the conspiracy theories, I’d never bother to even joke about them. That’s where all the crap in this world takes form.

Kind regards to both of you :) 

Props for staying calm in the face of quasi trolling. We shall see with 2.0 and I’ll check out that link. But in terms of Serif’s communication, maybe it’s company policy to keep Mum, but it sure as hell ain’t winning them any friends if this forum is anything to go by, at least amongst those of us who try our best not to deal with the Adobe devil while making a living with their software. Again, we shall see. Back at ya with the regards 👊🏻

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 6:33 PM, Mark Freeman said:

Side note, what’s your main method of doing so? I primarily use Upwork, but have dabbled with other sites.

[erased] Now I’m transitioning towards publishing and I’m only doing work with/for my partner’s small and local printing shop here in Brașov, Romania :)  

Edited by iuli
Personal

4 minutes ago, iuli said:

Now I’m transitioning towards publishing and I’m only doing work with/for my partner’s small and local printing shop here in Brașov, Romania :)  

Well maybe give Upwork a go, it is a little saturated in terms of the classics… logo’s etc, but If you have a specific niche and can put up with the constant applications, there is work. And with AD/procreate/canva, I’m more or less set….. at least until 2.0 comes out 😉 All the best 👊🏻

• 2 weeks later...

It IS frustrating. So many years asking for VERY BASIC stuff any other vector app has.

- Distort tool

- beeing able to copy objects to another document and have it pasting its color swatch with it

among the most important. And yet, Affinity has done nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Five years and I'm not able to add a perspective to simple box? Really? They can do resizing, skewing, rotating, but no adding a perspective? Or free transform? :(
I like Designer a lot, but sadly this is not a professional tool without free transform in my opinion. The same with dimensioning and tracing. 

And the most important thing: we have no roadmap for future changes :( Should we back to Corel or AI?

• 1 month later...

Come on everyone.. make yourself heard in the survey they just sent out.

Be reasonable though. It's still great software.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, mwcs said:

Hello Serif. In 2014 you mentioned a "Mesh warp/distort tool" in your roadmap.  How's that coming along? It's September 2022 and we still need a non-destructive vector distort tool please.  

It exists. In AP, I’m assuming their announcement was referring to that program specifically.

On 6/2/2022 at 8:00 AM, iuli said:

I add my +1 for this feature as well. 

As someone who tries to make a living being an iPad-only user, I do not have the free alternatives listed above (in a very unpleasant and aggressive manner). In fact there are no good true vector distort tool alternatives for iPad at all.

Please don’t forget about us. All the best!

I recently payed for AI for the ipad, yup, you guessed it, no vector distort. It was also vastly inferior to AD, less intuitive interface, less features. Also made me less inclined to grumble about Designer… still empathize with ya tho…. It is a pain.

Correction: the statement was made in 2017, so only five years ago. here it is verbatim:

"It's on Designer's roadmap which covers the whole 1.x cycle so it will be added in a future version before v2.0."

The linked roadmap page no longer exists... but we are now on version 1.10.5.   Any update?

1 hour ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

If you are talking about the perspective tool, it is OK but you can only export to bitmap format

There is a mesh warp. In a stretch I use a raster to vector export function on adobe capture…. which if memory serves is free. it’s a workaround, but that may help.

31 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

There was a conspiracy theory doing the rounds, that Adobe will buy Affinity, and that is why there is no news available on v2. Adobe likes to buy competitors out and then bury the software to eliminate competition.

Let’s hope that Serif shows them the middle digit. As I said above, AI is inferior…. at least on the ipad.

• 1 month later...