2 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

What are the workarounds?

Drawing it manually with no tools... the painful time consuming way as the picture suggests. :(

You can skew, though.

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

Yes I know about the shear tool - the lack of a simple perspective tool in Designer like the one in Photoshop is a problem - In Adobe Fireworks its called the 'skew' tool and it combines both shear and perspective functionality. Its a frequently used tool and it should be in Designer, hopefully it won't be too long before its added ...

On 5/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Affinity Photo has a pespective grid/plane feature

This tool is destructive to Curves and converts the output to an Image. I am honestly going to re-install Fireworks again. I really though designer would be the one. 

Wow. I bought Affinity Photo as I was tired of Adobe's pricing model. Ditching Illustrator too I thought Designer would have this simple function. The ability to freely transform shapes.

Another voice for the 'please add this vital feature' choir.

This would really be nice.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

I think the views count pretty much says it all.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Here another one wasting time on google trying to find how to tilt objects... to me, looks like a basic feature, maybe is ultra complex to integrate in the app, I don't know... 

I'm wondering what the viewpoint is of the developers at Serif.

Are you guys working on it?

or is it one of the features you put in "won't fix" bucket?

I second the need for a free transform tool. Just bought all the software to get rid of adobe in general, but unfortunately this is holding me back now.

I was actually baffled this feature wouldn't be in this software and took it for granted, but after searching the web I stumbled upon this thread. I just registered to give this reply to emphasize the need for this tool.

1 hour ago, RiotRob said:

I second the need for a free transform tool. Just bought all the software to get rid of adobe in general, but unfortunately this is holding me back now.

I was actually baffled this feature wouldn't be in this software and took it for granted, but after searching the web I stumbled upon this thread. I just registered to give this reply to emphasize the need for this tool.

As someone else wrote in another thread: If Affinity Designer had the same power as Adobe Illustrator, it certainly had a similar pricetag as well...

You can do a lot with Affinity Designer, but, with the slimmed team on Affinity compaired to Adobe, implementing of functionality take more effort from the team...

Hold in mind that Serif Ltd also throw a lot of working hours on Photo/Designer and Publisher on iPad as well!

Sooner or later we will have many needed core functions in Affinity Designer... Be patient...

3 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

As someone else wrote in another thread: If Affinity Designer had the same power as Adobe Illustrator, it certainly had a similar pricetag as well...

You can do a lot with Affinity Designer, but, with the slimmed team on Affinity compaired to Adobe, implementing of functionality take more effort from the team...

Hold in mind that Serif Ltd also throw a lot of working hours on Photo/Designer and Publisher on iPad as well!

Sooner or later we will have many needed core functions in Affinity Designer... Be patient...

Really, I appreciate this software and use it as much as I can because I like it. I totally understand the difference in size of company, this is just feedback from my experience and my try to give them a grasp of what people (or in this case, I) use. 

I never regretted buying this software because I'm convinced that the monthly payment model sucks, but this also tops off the income stream of Serif. This one tool would just be a much bigger deal for me than previous thought. Nonetheless, I own and use everything professional on Windows and iPad (which is glorious for retouching with Photo for iPad).

So, keep up the good work Serif! (and please don't forget a very pleased customer ;) )

I agree.  This feels like a really important feature that is missing.  I spent a long time looking for it before stumbling across this thread.  Still love Affinity products, all of them, but this feels like a glaring miss for a vector program.