You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4 minutes ago, iuli said:

Now I’m transitioning towards publishing and I’m only doing work with/for my partner’s small and local printing shop here in Brașov, Romania :)  

Well maybe give Upwork a go, it is a little saturated in terms of the classics… logo’s etc, but If you have a specific niche and can put up with the constant applications, there is work. And with AD/procreate/canva, I’m more or less set….. at least until 2.0 comes out 😉 All the best 👊🏻

• 2 weeks later...

It IS frustrating. So many years asking for VERY BASIC stuff any other vector app has.

- Distort tool

- beeing able to copy objects to another document and have it pasting its color swatch with it

among the most important. And yet, Affinity has done nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Five years and I'm not able to add a perspective to simple box? Really? They can do resizing, skewing, rotating, but no adding a perspective? Or free transform? :(
I like Designer a lot, but sadly this is not a professional tool without free transform in my opinion. The same with dimensioning and tracing. 

And the most important thing: we have no roadmap for future changes :( Should we back to Corel or AI?

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Subsequent survey discussion is now split off here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 8:00 AM, iuli said:

I add my +1 for this feature as well. 

As someone who tries to make a living being an iPad-only user, I do not have the free alternatives listed above (in a very unpleasant and aggressive manner). In fact there are no good true vector distort tool alternatives for iPad at all.

Please don’t forget about us. All the best!

I recently payed for AI for the ipad, yup, you guessed it, no vector distort. It was also vastly inferior to AD, less intuitive interface, less features. Also made me less inclined to grumble about Designer… still empathize with ya tho…. It is a pain.

Correction: the statement was made in 2017, so only five years ago. here it is verbatim:

"It's on Designer's roadmap which covers the whole 1.x cycle so it will be added in a future version before v2.0."

The linked roadmap page no longer exists... but we are now on version 1.10.5.   Any update?

31 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

There was a conspiracy theory doing the rounds, that Adobe will buy Affinity, and that is why there is no news available on v2. Adobe likes to buy competitors out and then bury the software to eliminate competition.

Let’s hope that Serif shows them the middle digit. As I said above, AI is inferior…. at least on the ipad.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff
4 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

warp tool, not tried it yet, but I don't see any mention of a non destructive perspective/skew tool

I think what you are asking for is they are one Vector warp. Perspective is a type of warp handled in the layers panel (about 4:30 in)

Vector Warp:

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

45 minutes ago, Snow Creative said:

That looks fantastic.

it kinda is.. it works fairly well. Could use snapping though, and moving in a straight line when you hold shift would be very very nice too.. But it's the first version so I'm expecting improvements on it in the future.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

1 hour ago, Mark Freeman said:

Nice catch mate….  it’s almost the least intuitive place to put it in the entire app, but whatevs it’s there and it’s badass.

Well not entirely.. it actually creates some kind of adjustment layer to put your stuff in so if you know how it works then it's slightly logical... but that's a big 'if'...

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

"allows you to apply a non-destructive warp over any vector artwork or text. Choose between a fully customizable mesh, or use presets including arcs, perspective, fisheye and twists. Editing a warp gives a super-fast live preview, even on complex illustrations, and gives a true vector end result"

Is it finally here!!??

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/press/newsroom/affinity-v2-sets-new-standards-in-creative-software/#affinity-designer-2