You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

What are the workarounds?

Drawing it manually with no tools... the painful time consuming way as the picture suggests. :(

You can skew, though.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Yes I know about the shear tool - the lack of a simple perspective tool in Designer like the one in Photoshop is a problem - In Adobe Fireworks its called the 'skew' tool and it combines both shear and perspective functionality. Its a frequently used tool and it should be in Designer, hopefully it won't be too long before its added ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the views count pretty much says it all.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second the need for a free transform tool. Just bought all the software to get rid of adobe in general, but unfortunately this is holding me back now.

I was actually baffled this feature wouldn't be in this software and took it for granted, but after searching the web I stumbled upon this thread. I just registered to give this reply to emphasize the need for this tool.

3 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

As someone else wrote in another thread: If Affinity Designer had the same power as Adobe Illustrator, it certainly had a similar pricetag as well...

You can do a lot with Affinity Designer, but, with the slimmed team on Affinity compaired to Adobe, implementing of functionality take more effort from the team...

Hold in mind that Serif Ltd also throw a lot of working hours on Photo/Designer and Publisher on iPad as well!

Sooner or later we will have many needed core functions in Affinity Designer... Be patient...

Really, I appreciate this software and use it as much as I can because I like it. I totally understand the difference in size of company, this is just feedback from my experience and my try to give them a grasp of what people (or in this case, I) use. 

I never regretted buying this software because I'm convinced that the monthly payment model sucks, but this also tops off the income stream of Serif. This one tool would just be a much bigger deal for me than previous thought. Nonetheless, I own and use everything professional on Windows and iPad (which is glorious for retouching with Photo for iPad).

So, keep up the good work Serif! (and please don't forget a very pleased customer ;) )

• 1 month later...

I've just completed my first bit of illustration with Designer and I really love it, some of the tools and features are BETTER than Illustrator, really nicely implemented. I imagine this feature is actually harder to realise that we expect (I can barely code anything, well, maybe some Arduino stuff). Still, it would be lovely to have the feature added.

As for the price tag comment. Hey, I'd happily pay £400, 500 or £600 for well-functioning software, it was Adobe's adoption of the rent-seeking payment model that finally did it for me. Small studios cannot support these kinds of costs.

For now, the entire Serif suite has served most of my needs, almost seamlessly, so well done team.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus one for being half way into a project before realizing such a CORE feature is missing--I was stunned that it is not included. I really wanted to love everything Affinity, because I really hate adobe's pricing structure. But let's be honest with ourselves, without some sort of perspective, shear, free distort feature the program is pretty much unusable (who can afford to be jumping in and out of different programs as a workaround for basic functionality). Sorry, but any talk of affinity designer being an adobe killer dies right here with this issue (I mean wasn't "free distort" in Illustrator 2, and I'm talking the Illustrator 2 that predated the Creative Suite renumbering by at least a decade... hands up if you remember when photoshop and illustrator each had different version numbers...) 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, eobet said:

A new version is about to get released. Anyone know if perspective distort for Designer will be included in it?

The betas of Designer 1.8 has been public for quite some time and I haven't heard anything about this being fixed there, only the other major issue (expanding strokes), you can read detailed release notes here