RIO XL

Unable to apply spare channel to the Alphas of Adjustment Layers and Fill Layers

Like the title says. I’m unable to apply a spare channel to the alpha of an adjustment layer.

The function is present, like on the desktop version, but it seems that the spare channels on the iPad version are all locked to target the background layer. When I select a different active layer in the layer’s studio, it doesn’t become the new target for the spare channels.

As a workaround, I have to load the spare channel to the active selection, BEFORE loading an adjustment layer. Making the active selection the mask as the adjustment is being applied. That’s cool, but it makes it hard to A/B different spare channels as the alpha of an adjustment.

Here’s what I’m trying to do on the iPad version: 

Hi RIO XL,

I've just tried this myself and I believe it is working correctly, however the text on the menu isn't updating to show the currently selected layer. Have you tried it with the layer you wanted selected?

I have encountered the same problem, I was trying to follow the Affinity Photo video Channels for Alpha Masking and find that with the spare channel there is no option for the alpha of the adjustment layer.  Is this not working correctly on the iPad version of affinity photo?  The video also shows a luminance selection being made of the background layer using keyboard shortcuts, any idea how to do this on iPad?

In the iPad questions thread someone has kindly downloaded a luminance selection macro that can be loaded into the iPad version. Copy to Cloud then import into macro panel using the 3bar icon next to the pin icon top rh corner.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 13.4   Affinity Photo 1.8.3 .180   Affinity Design 1.8.3.2 Publisher for iPad (2020?)