You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keycap Project, Partly Graphic Related (AD)

VectorVonDoom

I fancied a fun little project that's only partly graphics related, so you might not be interested but I'm posting it anyway, feel free to ignore it! Someone can always delete it if it's not appropriate. 

I often use a vector app when I'm doing these little projects to mark up the basic layout. Not so much in this case as the stones and gems are fixed size but it usually makes it easy to resize, rotate etc the objects, the usual vector advantages. They're nothing fancy, not even super accurate depictions, but they give a good idea of what it's going to look like (or you hope it will look like).

This one will be a custom backspace keycap, or black space key, using some of the bits I hoarded for a project that I didn't end up doing. I've got mother of pearl for the moon, diamonds and gold for the stars, amber, lapiz lazuli, tiger eye, opal and turquoise for the planets and pearl and gold wire for the comet. It's going to ue a sanded down donor keycap as the basis and polymer clay as the background. I've spent a fun afternoon with a jewellers saw and files creating the moon, bit fiddly.

I've never tried using stones and gems with polyclay so it might be a disaster but even if it is it's fun trying. Either way I'll update when I'm done.

Anyway this is the design and mockup.

59fe355c84b8c_BlackSpace.thumb.jpg.dd42d3361e70983c73088bee89d8a1b2.jpg

Mockup.thumb.jpg.ffb631badb984c177aaba40016329dda.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me