You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keeping Swatches option in Context Toolbar in AD 1.6

I'm working in AD 1.6. As before, I can chose the option I want in the Swatches pane under Appearance and the change remains. However, when I click "Fill" or "Stroke" in the Context Toolbar, the default is "Color" and there does not appear to be a way to change that. Thus, if I want "Swatches" in the Context Toolbar (in "Fill" or "Stroke"),  I must each time go through the same process. Is there any way to change this default to "Swatches" or some other option?

Thanks. I've used that but as long as I am moving with my mouse and have the Context Toolbar nearby, it is much faster just to hit the colour box there. It's not a big thing but having the swatches come up in the Context Toolbar would speed things up. I'm editing tons of map details and would rather not having to go to Swatches panel itself. 

Well

I set the Swatches panel to appear by pressing the backslash key

swatch2.jpg.4c31939c2153502d251ca79cc768b409.jpg

This is what appears by clicking on the context menu. Then on swatches

swatch1.jpg.15602c278e0e863a451a3a3b1e1f1f2b.jpg

I don't see much in it, but obviously you know best how you like to work.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

2 hours ago, toltec said:

This is what appears by clicking on the context menu.

Is the Swatches tab selected when you click on the "Colour:" rectangle, or is it the Colour tab that is?

For me on my iMac, it always defaults to the Color tab, thus requiring a second click to display whatever Swatches category I last used.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Is the Swatches tab selected when you click on the "Colour:" rectangle, or is it the Colour tab that is?

For me on my iMac, it always defaults to the Color tab, thus requiring a second click to display whatever Swatches category I last used.

Yes, sorry, I had to click on Swatches too, It defaults to colour. (I edited my original post)

That's why the \ shortcut works better (for me).

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.