You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Lost Gradient and Transparency When Reimporting Optimized SVG Files

Hi there,

just something I noticed, not sure if it's a bug, missing feature, or something that can't work by design.

I made a nice artwork in Affinity Designer, using bunch of gradient fills (linear), and also transparency fills (linear). I exported the file as SVG and it looks great in Safari and Firefox (no lost features). Next I optimise things with SVGO (https://github.com/svg/svgo) which does its thing and reduces the file size by almost 40%. The resulting file still looks great in Safari and Firefox (no lost features and all gradients and transparency effects are still there). But when I load this optimised SVG file back to Affinity Designer all the gradients and transparency effects are gone.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 7.09.57 PM.png

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

23 minutes ago, owenr said:

Probably related to problem in recent thread:

Yep, sounds like the same issue. I checked and indeed the actual gradient information is still there (in the gradient editor field), so probably just the offsets/ scale broken for some reason. I don't even see the gradient handles when I select the gradient tool (even, if I zoom out a lot).

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot