You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for the iPad course released on Udemy

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let people know that I've released an 8.5 hour course about Affinity Photo for the iPad here:

https://www.udemy.com/affinity-photo-for-the-ipad/ - it's aimed at beginners and I've structured the course to take you from novice to competent user. I wanted to hold off starting the course until the software went through a couple of updates and the latest iOS was released so that Serif had the chance to get things ticking over nicely. So here it is, and I hope you get a lot out of it.

Thanks for your interest,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I've added an extra hour's worth of new content to the course to tale the course total to just over 9.5 hours. I was very pleased to get good feedback from people who had enrolled on the course. But if there was one area where some students wanted more it was to practice what they had learned.

So, just after the 'five steps to developing your photos' section I've added a 'five photos to develop, start to finish' section. I take five photos and work them up from beginning to end so you can see the whole process of developing an image in action. Of course, the photos I develop are available for people to download so they can follow along. That way people can practice and consolidate the fundamental skills before they go on to more advanced topics like selections and layer masks etc.

The price of the course hasn't changed. I just want it to be the best possible introduction to Affinity Photo for the iPad that anyone can learn from.

Cheers,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jniiiice. On the iPad course I give general steps to follow when I do the five walkthroughs which take a picture from start to finish using the basic five steps method. They don't target a particular type of photography although I've tried to use the techniques on different types of photos - a sheep in a field, Someone doing martial arts, a landscape, a bad photo in need of some kind of help and a boy playing with an adult set against a rather light seaside scene.

As for more detailed complete walkthroughs, I'm hoping to get a new series out by Christmas which is for the desktop version of Affinity Photo and focuses on developing landscapes.