Gasman

Affinity Photo 1.6.0.89 won`t run!

Hi guys

Downloaded AP 1.6.0.89 today, seemed to install ok and asked me to reboot afterwards which I did, then clicked on shortcut to open app and got an `Unhandled Exception` fault and wouldn`t go any further just a window asking me to send in the fault with my email address!. Glad I didn`t uninstall the .86 beta ;). Windows 10 all updated,

Steve

APerror.jpg

SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!

I fill in the crash report screen, WITH my email adres, but no answer till now. 

Problem also mentioned in the forum, no answer.

After AP update from 1.5 to 1.6.0.89 on 02-11-2017, yesterday, AP did not start anymore.

The program was suspended at the little home screen, with the version number, and did not start any further.

Problem yesterday also reported in the crash reporter, nothing heard of them yet.

Please, can anyone inform me about a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you Ton van Lamoen.
Den Bosch
The Netherlands

Ok, same kind of problem ... but in terrific mode :)

Upgrade 1.6 on 1.5.2 : ok.

Reboot. Start 1.6 : unexpected error. No way to send the rapport to you (error 2203).

Then ... Erase manually the Affinity folders. It's a pity that Affinity Picture installation is not listed in Revo Uninstaller.

Reinstall 1.6 : unexpected error again.

Kill Affinity. Try to reinstall 1.5.2. The install programm says a newer version is installed ...

I have no more Affinity :( 

---- > one hour later

Ok. I took my helmet and a hammer and I gone in the Registry to kill all references to Affinity.

Lauch 1.6 installation and choose Uninstall. Full Ok.

Lauch 1.5.2 installation, write the registration key. Full Ok.

And now the 1.5.2 runs again :)

Tomorrow I'll try the upgrade to 1.6 again. Long life to Affinity !

Edited by Djipi
Add a partial solution

30 minutes ago, Tony4708 said:

Hi Gasman, do you want to send me a message when you have a solution? Otherwise, I will send you a message. Thanks so far. 

Will do Tony, no probs ;)

Steve

33 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Tony4708,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure this will solve the issue but can you please try to press and hold CTRL while launching the program, keep the first three boxes ticked in the dialog that will appear then press Clear to reset the program? Does it fixed the issue?

Hi MEB, Already doing this, this morning, but no result so far. 

1 hour ago, MEB said:

I'm not sure this will solve the issue but can you please try to press and hold CTRL while launching the program, keep the first three boxes ticked in the dialog that will appear then press Clear to reset the program? Does it fixed the issue?

No afraid it doesn`t :4_joy:

Hi Gasman,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. While we try to check/test everything during the Beta phase there's always a few issues that go unnoticed until the program is released to the public/runs on multiples configs. We will do our best to address these issues in the next days and fix them through a patch. Please bear we us while we work on it.

That seemed to do the trick Mark, I just renamed that 1.0 directory as `1Temp`and then double clicked on the shortcut and AP fired up in all its glory :D??

Is it a directory not needed by AP and I can name it what I want ??

Cheers

Steve

8 minutes ago, Gasman said:

That seemed to do the trick Mark, I just renamed that 1.0 directory as `1Temp`and then double clicked on the shortcut and AP fired up in all its glory :D??

Is it a directory not needed by AP and I can name it what I want ??

Cheers

Steve

Hi, we store all the settings for the application in that directory (such as window position, workspace layout etc). It seems like there is a bug reading that information in.

Can you zip up the new 1Temp directory and attach it here? I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Will do I just noticed that renaming that directory seems to have just created another directory called 1.0 so I have two directories 1.0 and 1Temp.

Steve

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi, we store all the settings for the application in that directory (such as window position, workspace layout etc). It seems like there is a bug reading that information in.

Can you zip up the new 1Temp directory and attach it here? I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thank you Mark.  

This IS the trick, SUPER . AP runs again.

Some settings have indeed changed but it's running again, thanks God en you of course.
For example, the NIK-Filter plugin has disappeared, but I'm looking forward to it again.

Also, my 1TEMP.zip file

1TEMP.zip

I have had exactly the same problem over the last two days. I tried everything I could think of to get around it including uninstall/reinstall.

The suggestion to rename the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 folder fortunately did correct the issue.  

After more trial and error I have found that the error does not occur for me using the original 1.0 folder, if I delete the file macros.propcol in the user folder.  Affinity Photo 1.6 then re-creaates this file with a much smaller size.  In return for having to re-record my macros I have a working version 1.6.  

Now I am re-creating my Macros I find that ver 1.6 does not like long macro names.  It displays the name over several lines. For example a macro named "White Balance Contrast Saturation and Others" is displayed over four lines as:

White Balance

Contrast

Saturation

and Others

Most of my Macro names were several words so maybe this was the problem.

Cheers GB

New here. Trying to get to know & like Affinity Photo, once again, unfortunately, I cannot get the program to start. Installed, uninstalled, cleaned reg, removed "old" leftovers eg folders, reinstalled clean, and still cannot get the latest version to start! nor can I get my previous 1.5 xx to start! All I get is this message

:Photo.exe - Appliction Error
This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) Click to close application ... [attached screenshot img attached]

Hmm! suggested fixes appreciated. Thanks

Afffinity Wont Start.JPG

Just downloaded/installed AP 1.6.0.89 on my new Win 10 laptop and it runs fine with no directory renaming required, similar files on it to my desktop which needed the renaming??. Weird thing Windows :S

Steve

Quick update, @Tony4708 / @Gasman. I've downloaded your AppData folders and replaced my copy with yours, but the application starts correctly still. I don't know why you were getting a crash at startup, but perhaps it might be related to something on your machine (e.g. font, ICC profile, third party software, etc).

On 04/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, Tony4708 said:
25 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Quick update, @Tony4708 / @Gasman. I've downloaded your AppData folders and replaced my copy with yours, but the application starts correctly still. I don't know why you were getting a crash at startup, but perhaps it might be related to something on your machine (e.g. font, ICC profile, third party software, etc).

Most probably Mark I just installed AP on my laptop no problems at all. Must be nigh on impossible to get software working perfectly on the myriad of systems out there!.

Steve

Question to both, @Mark Ingram/ @Gasman,

To find out how to get my "old" macros back in AP, I've copied macros.propcol from the 1TEMP folder in the current program folder.
This immediately caused the previously reported program error after the update to AP 1.6 -> "Affinity Photo 1.6.0.89 won`t run!
Started by Gasman, November 4 "

Someone an idea how to get my macros back in AP.?

Pls see also my attach.

Thanks Mark and Steve anyway

Ton

Aff_Prog_Screen.jpg

Hi  @Mark Ingram, and others,

My macros have now been found on disk and reinstalled.

But now I've also lost the "presets" in the "Tone Mapping Persona", during the update.

And I miss this very much

I saw that these are also importable.
Can anyone help me where I can find it in the program folders or where to import them?

Sincerely
Ton

1 hour ago, Tony4708 said:

But now I've also lost the "presets" in the "Tone Mapping Persona", during the update.

And I miss this very much

I saw that these are also importable.
Can anyone help me where I can find it in the program folders or where to import them?

There should be a 'tone_map.propcol' file in your %ProgramFiles%\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Affinity Photo folder.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.1 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.1 • Designer for iPad 1.9.1 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

There should be a 'tone_map.propcol' file in your %ProgramFiles%\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Affinity Photo folder.

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for your response.

In the folder %ProgramFiles%\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Affinity\Photo\1.0\User is "tone_map.propcol" in there.

This with a date / time stemp from the last day I use this.

Also is in Tone Mapping Persona mode, than Vieuw>Studio the option "Presets" ticked. So the space for Presets on the left is available, but no Presets.

And then I do'nt know anymore.

Any idee where I can download this presets, so I can import these?  

Or maybee better, can you export yours (that's possible too) send it to me, so I can import it.

Thans so far.

Sincerely

Ton