You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free 1000 Photoshop Brushes

Mithferion

Adobe is giving away 1000 Brushes by renowed artist Kyle T. Webster, in ABR format. If anyone is interested (they don't behave exactly the same, tested on Photoshop Elements 10), here is the link for the download page:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html

Best regards!

P. S.: I hope there are no legal problems with this. :P

[UPDATE] I copy here my answer about Licensing for these brushes:

Well, I didn't find anything when I first saw about the Free downloads, now, since you asked, I searched again and found disperse things like this announcement. There says the following:

I’m excited to finally share that I’m joining Adobe and my brushes are now exclusively part of Creative Cloud.

Now, here says:

We’re excited to announce that Adobe has acquired KyleBrush.com. As of today, all Creative Cloud customers will gain exclusive access to over 1,000 high-quality, digital brushes at no additional cost. Digital brushes offer illustrators, animators and designers a rich digital painting experience when working in Photoshop CC and Photoshop Sketch.

Now, the FAQ:

The only way to access additional brushes is through a paid Creative Cloud membership.

But then:

Will your brushes work with Gimp or any other software that is NOT Photoshop?

No – my brush sets are not .abr files, and they are therefore only designed for use in Photoshop.

[...]

Why are your brush sets saved as .tpl files, instead of .abr files?
    Tool presets (.tpl extension) are superior to brush presets (.abr files) for advanced custom brushes because a tool preset will consistently retain settings like brush flow, brush opacity, brush mode, and texture.

------------------------

So, the things is... to me, it's not clear if the download page at Adobe.com refers to the same brushes. I would think it'd do, but I hope somebody else can tell us. As of now, there seems to be -at least- the implicit License that those brushes can be used only with Adobe CC. But then again, why are they in .ABR format and available there like whatever?

Its probably just my set up but when I click on download all I get is a load of gobbledegook on the page both in edge and IE. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

2 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Its probably just my set up but when I click on download all I get is a load of gobbledegook on the page both in edge and IE. John

There's a note about MS Edge at the bottom of the page:

*.ABR files are not compatible with the Microsoft Edge browser.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Nor IE either.  So wont be getting this offer then  Cheers John

Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home

1 hour ago, pioneer said:

Do you really have such a strong aversion to installing another browser?? :o

Alfred spacer.png

This is amazing. Thanks for posting!

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought a bunch of Kyle T Webster's great brush packs in the past, but as they were TPL files, they couldn't be imported into other apps like AD or Krita. I'm curious as to what AD/AP's ABR support is like - how it works. I tried some of the new ABR brush versions in AD and, sure, they look different - but is there a pattern to what exactly works differently in the ABR files?

Does Serif have to reverse-engineer the file format to see what works with the AD/AP brush engine or is it simply a question of supporting the 'newest version' of the ABR file format?

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

I have bought a bunch of Kyle T Webster's great brush packs in the past, but as they were TPL files, they couldn't be imported into other apps like AD or Krita.

My understanding is that TPL files are just ABR files with preset values stored with the actual brush data, and that you should therefore be able to import them just like ordinary ABR files if you change the filename extension. They'll lose their 'presetness', of course, but otherwise they should work OK.

Alfred spacer.png

Hi Alfred, 

That's interesting, thanks! I should have a look at the file extension, although I already installed the 'new and enhanced ABR standard' versions, which should retain some of their Photoshop preset values like size and 'wet edges' etc. ... I hope? (attaching screengrabs of the same brush in AD and PS)

I guess it's just a case of simply tweaking the AD brush settings to get the brushes to work/look a little more like they did in Photoshop (taking into consideration brush engine differences AD vs PS)?

Kyle's Real Watercolor 4 in Affinity Designer.png

Kyle's Real Watercolor 4 in Photoshop.png

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, pioneer said:

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, pioneer said:

Not sure why Adobe are saying that *.ABR files are not compatible with Edge, Adobe ABR brush files can be downloaded perfectly fine on DeviantArt.

001.thumb.jpg.f8a6310bfa7d18a05d7d7542e9375742.jpg

I'm not a server admin, however I suspect Edge uses MIME type and not the file extension to determine what to do with the file and Adobe haven't set up their web servers correctly to attach the correct MIME type to the response header.  In the case of .abr brushes, that would be 'application/octet-stream' so that the browser would treat it as an attachment and prompt the user to 'Save as'.

If you want to download them with Edge, to the very right edge of the buttons it will allow you to right-click, select 'Save Target As' and save them to your computer.  After they're downloaded, change the file extensions from .htm to .abr.

002.thumb.jpg.18e1c775bec6d575e9e8197d24e08ac3.jpg

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, pioneer said:

Do you really have such a strong aversion to installing another browser?? :o

Yes. :-) John

I agree.  I decide what browser I want to use, not lazy web developers.

On 04/11/2017 at 3:04 PM, Mithferion said:

Adobe donne 1000 pinceaux......voici le lien pour la page de téléchargement:.........

Un grand merci à vous pour ce sympathique partage.

Téléchargement parfait avec Chrome, essayé deux.(Mégapack et éclaboussures).

Vous avez une belle conception de la notion de partage.

Sima. thank you for your posting.  Using your method in EDGE I download the LETTERERS brushes and have to say they look nice.  I have also downloaded brushes from https://www.brusheezy.com/free/abr with no problem.  Thank you once again