Msan

stroke size changes when resizeing in new document & and crashes when in export persona

Hi there

I don't know whether I am missing out on something or not, but i have made tonight several logos, each on a different document. Then I started copying them one by one, on a separate document where I had to resize them all to fit on the canvas. The action of resizing has affected the stroke sizes in a funky way. Please note the image below!

Then when I was in export persona, as soon as I started using the Slice tool, the program crashed, like 4 times in a row.

Best of luck guys!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 02.23.32.png

Hi owenr!

thanks a bunch!

it was not on. turning it on solved a part of the problem. it still gets distorted at the top right corner though...

on the screenshot below, the large one to the left is the original size.

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 13.24.12.png

umm, I see what you mean. this shape was made with the Corner Tool on a regular rectangle, as I dont know how to affect only one corner of a Rounded rectangle ( is there a way?), thus I see no option for disabling "absolute sizes".

I might have to think of a different way to make that top right corner look the way it looks now, then resizing wont be a problem.

As for this topic, the possible bug remains the crash while using the Selection Tool in Export Persona!

owenr, thanks for you help! I've learnt a lot!

Yes, corners of a Rounded Rectangle are independently adjustable - experiment with the controls in the context bar when a tool is active.

If using Corner tool, you'll need to click the "Bake Corners" button to fix the proportions of corners.

Just to add slightly to what @owenr has said, a Rounded Rectangle is really just a Rectangle with a different default corner type. For both of them there is a 'Single radius' checkbox as well as an 'Absolute sizes' checkbox on the Context toolbar: when you clear the 'Single radius' checkbox, you'll see independent controls for each corner.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)