You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama getting cropped/skewed/anchored top left

Hi, I'm seeing something unexpected in the Panorama tool; I've watched the tutorial but my image seems to be anchored to the top left of the alpha background frame after stitching instead of centered. It's like the top and left of the stitched image are being forced to conform to the top left corner of the frame. Attached are some grabs of the issue:

1. After adding the four photos I get a good alignment in the right-side panel of the Panorama window. Looks normal.New_Panorama_1.PNG.e1853d13a458a98de91d161354670673.PNG

2. After I click "Stitch" the alpha background frame appears in the main view window but with the stitched image offset and apparently anchored to the top left, instead of centered.5a00db984f564_2_After_Stitchrender.PNG.329e4af079c519833f7b18b5872fb357.PNG

3. You can see in the Navigator that it is at 18% zoom and that the Navigator believes the image is centered.

3_Zoom_18.PNG

4. When I zoom in to 50% the Navigator shows the area it believes is being enlarged.

4_Zoom_50.PNG

5. However, the view window has zoomed in on the centre, cropping off some of the top left of the image.After_50.PNG.59f647ae30e45f1509093d85327c5251.PNG

6. Dragging the frame over to the top left of the image you can see that it has been cropped/skewed to force the top and left of the image to fit into the corner of the frame.After_drag_50.PNG.e39acb41b270fe799e52181269f2e394.PNG

I've tried several other photo sets with the same result. Oh and when I "Apply" the panorama to get to Photo Persona the result is the same.

...I can't see an option to stop this, so hope you can help.

EDIT: I have tried on my laptop and have the same issue, so prob not an install issue... any ideas??

6_After_drag_50.PNG

1_New_Panorama.PNG

2_After_Stitch+render.PNG

5_After_50.PNG

After_Apply+render.PNG

Zoom_18.PNG

Zoom_50.PNG

Panic over. It's now working as advertised - and I have no idea why!

I tried changing some preferences, like not automatically locking new image when importing, and things looked better. But after re-ticking settings back to default everything is now ok.

Gremlins!

• 5 years later...