You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard Shortcut Warnings

In certain circumstances the preferences allow the setting of keyboard shortcuts that don't make sense, or clash with existing shortcuts without giving a warning.

Two examples I found this evening…

• Setting Zoom 100%, 200% 400% etc to the keys 1, 2, 4 with no modifier is accepted without warning that this clashes with the global transparency shortcut, which already uses the digits 0 through 9.
  • Setting Geometry > Add, Subtract etc to the keys Alt + 1, Alt + 2 etc is accepted without warning that this will always create compounds, since Alt is already reserved as an additional modifier for these geometry operations.

Also (since I am talking about keyboard shortcuts) please can I bump these earlier requests…

Pen Tool Mode Selection Shortcut

Search Keyboard Shortcuts

Make Numeric Keypad Distinct From Digits  <-allows for 16 new keys + modifiers!!

Thanks.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Another example...

Vector Brush Increase and Decrease size default to [ & ]

But if I set Rotate Left and Right to [ & ] I get no warning of a conflict.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro