Jump to content
Mayk

Exif issue in AP 1.6

Recommended Posts

Solved the same problem in Win10 Pro. My User name is Sören and there was no EXIF data. I changed the location of the TEMP system variable to C:\TEMP and the same for the TMP. Now Exif displays correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Zambody said:

Solved the same problem in Win10 Pro. My User name is Sören and there was no EXIF data. I changed the location of the TEMP system variable to C:\TEMP and the same for the TMP. Now Exif displays correctly.

 

Thanks for confirming this. The upcoming 1.6.1 patch will fix this issue, and it's available right now as a customer beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just installed 1.6.2 and still have this issue. Everything works well in 1.5.
It's due to the folder name containing non-English characters.
Please help to fix this as soon as you could; otherwise each file edited and exported comes without EXIF.

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sleepy0827 said:

I just installed 1.6.2 and still have this issue. Everything works well in 1.5.
It's due to the folder name containing non-English characters.
Please help to fix this as soon as you could; otherwise each file edited and exported comes without EXIF.

Thank you very much.

 

I'm surprised by that, as it should be fixed in the latest version.

Unless you are saying that your installation folder has non-English characters in it? Where have you installed Affinity Photo to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"c:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\" This is where I installed the 1.6.2.97.
The non-English characters is my folder name.
If I copy the same file to desktop and open the file, the EXIF is retrieved well.

After searching the forum, I thought this had been fixed since 1.6.1.92.
Please help me check if this became an issue again in 1.6.2.97 and fix it in the next version.
Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sleepy0827 said:

"c:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\" This is where I installed the 1.6.2.97.
The non-English characters is my folder name.
If I copy the same file to desktop and open the file, the EXIF is retrieved well.

After searching the forum, I thought this had been fixed since 1.6.1.92.
Please help me check if this became an issue again in 1.6.2.97 and fix it in the next version.
Thank you very much.

 

OK, that's interesting, I was sure that this was fixed. We will check here, and issue a new fix if we can reproduce it.

What is the path of the image that you're trying to load? Can you attach the image here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the image.
I created the folder name in Chinese (Traditional) for testing, and the issue is still there, FYI.

Hopefully it could be fixed soon, thank you so much.test.thumb.jpg.07ea1ab39bece80848314c0e518c208a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, sleepy0827 said:

Here's the image.
I created the folder name in Chinese (Traditional) for testing, and the issue is still there, FYI.

Hopefully it could be fixed soon, thank you so much.

 

Can you copy and paste the folder name here so that we can try it out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have this issue but only for the batch processing. Photo is installed in d:\Tools\Affinity Photo\ username is fuzzel so no strange characters here. If I open one raw file and export it the exif information is present only the batch job feature seems to delete exif completely. 

I'm using 1.6.1.93 on Win10 64bit

 

Edit:

I've just tried AP 1.6.2.97 and got the same results: open one raw file in the Develop Persona and export it after developing it the EXIF data is saved to the TIFF file. If I use the batch job feature no EXIF data is saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sleepy0827 said:

D:\測試\

Hopefully it'd help :)

 

Hi sleepy0827, 

We have found a bug which might explain your problem.

The bug is that Exif information is not loaded when a file with a non_English path is dragged into Photo from another app (e.g. Windows Explorer).

 

Is this how you are opening your file? If it is, please try opening it from File > Open. Does that work? 

Thanks,

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2017 at 7:31 PM, Jon W said:

 

Hi sleepy0827, 

We have found a bug which might explain your problem.

The bug is that Exif information is not loaded when a file with a non_English path is dragged into Photo from another app (e.g. Windows Explorer).

 

Is this how you are opening your file? If it is, please try opening it from File > Open. Does that work? 

Thanks,

Jon

Jon, you're right.
I opened the file by dragging the photo into Affinity Photo from another app.
If I open the file File > Open , the Exif info could be loaded well.
However, in 1.5, even if I dragged the file from another app, the Exif could be retrieved perfectly.

Since the problem is found and could be reproduced, hopefully this could be fixed in the next release.
Thanks a lot and I really appreciate everyone's help. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been having the same issue with Canon RAW files. I use Breese Browser to add comments and other exif data, but Affinity is not reading if from the files. Just wanted to let you know as you work on the fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2017 at 8:55 PM, hedrickbk said:

I have been having the same issue with Canon RAW files. I use Breese Browser to add comments and other exif data, but Affinity is not reading if from the files. Just wanted to let you know as you work on the fix.

 

If you use File | Open, rather than Drag / Drop of files, it should work. We'll have a fix in the next customer beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 1:43 PM, Mark Ingram said:

 

If you use File | Open, rather than Drag / Drop of files, it should work. We'll have a fix in the next customer beta.

Mark,

I am using File | Open to open the files for editing (I did not know there was a way to drag/drop). Looking forward to the fix.

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running version 1.6.4.104 on windows 7 and have no exif data on any panasonic  raw files in the develop persona.The camera is on the supported list.

Any help would be appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2018 at 3:39 PM, JJAM said:

I am running version 1.6.4.104 on windows 7 and have no exif data on any panasonic  raw files in the develop persona.The camera is on the supported list.

Any help would be appreciated

For future readers, this was answered in it's own thread (answer: caused by AppGuard blocking exiftool.exe) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.