Brokenwave

Affinity Photo (1.6.0.89) display scaling problem

Need help, After installing the Affinity Photo 1.6.0.89 update, with any file I open only 1/2 of the image is displayed. More of it will display for a moment when I adjust the size slider.

Everything was fine with v1.5. (using an AMD video card)

Thx.

ScreenShot_20171103120806.jpeg

My Windows display is set at 130%, I tried 100% same issue. (Screen res is 2560x1440 on a 32" BenQ monitor).

Yes, That is a screen capture of my Affinity Photo showing the issue, your'e seeing what I am.

In the lower RH corner of the Affinity window the Whole image is showing, on the work area it's cropped. When I do a control +/- the whole image

shows for an instant before it goes back to what you see, Using the zoom slider the bottom of the work window will show part of it again just for a second.

Thanks for looking at it.

I will update my 1080P laptop to v1.6 and see if repeats itself.

Edited by Brokenwave
correction to scaling %

Mark, not being at 100% was the problem. Thx

Edited update, V1.6 is OK at 125% scale, when doing a custom scale that's where the problem occurs.

Edited by Brokenwave
Added new info

Facing the same problem as mentionend above: Images appear in main window at reduced size including background patterns! And whatever step of zoom used, the surronding patterns will not disappear and the zoom step to get the image passed into the window (strg+0) will result as shown in the attached screenshot. The navigator window shows the image completely. AP 1.5.2.69 never showed this, so what to do?

screenshot37gbu0m.jpg 

Best regards

Armin

Hi xleo,

thanks, but we`re talking here about bugs on windows, so my problem is related to Win 10 running on Acer-laptop with display in FullHD (1920 x 1080). I doubt that a configuration change of my display will help because all other software (Lightroom, Photoshop, Capture One etc.) and even AP 1.5.2.69 are working perfectly.

Best regards

Armin

14 hours ago, ArminGI said:

Armin, set your windows scale to 100 or 125% (making text or icons larger or smaller in screen resolution in Win 7) 

Facing the same problem as mentionend above: Images appear in main window at reduced size including background patterns! And whatever step of zoom used, the surronding patterns will not disappear and the zoom step to get the image passed into the window (strg+0) will result as shown in the attached screenshot. The navigator window shows the image completely. AP 1.5.2.69 never showed this, so what to do?

screenshot37gbu0m.jpg 

Best regards

Armin

Just purchased and installed today.  Am having the same problems as above.  Win 10.  All other graphic/photo software is fine.

R. Burns

It seems to be a bit strange to see that the setting of the windows scale has such an impact on AP 1.6.0.89, especially in front of the correct function of all other imaging-software including the former AP 1.5.2.69. After re-installation of the latest version of AP and changing my win-scale from 175% (which was necessary in front of a 15" display FullHD) firstly down to 125% and later to 150%, now AP is showing the images correctly. Changes in preferences / retina rendering have no impact ... 

I still believe that there is some kind of a bug inside AP 1.6.0.89 which has to be resolved, because scaling the windows display up to values even higher than 150% is requested for Notebooks / Laptops with smaller monitors, e.g. 15" in order to get legible signs. Ok, on a 27" Monitor windows scale will be not an issue ... 

Thanks for your assistance + best regards

Armin   

Hello xleo, hello Mark,

I have followed xleo's advice and in the AF setting "retina rendering": low quality (fastest) registered. The display error was corrected afterwards.

The error correction can alternatively be done by the following setting:
a) set the above retina setting back to "automatic (best)".
b) In the Windows system settings, set the display size from 130% (user-defined) to 125% (default-option). As a result, the display error has now been corrected.

Whether the above-mentioned troubleshooting options for other users is successful, I can not say. Just try it!

Best regards
Ralf

I tries a couple of custom settings and the problem repeated. Mark' comment about not being at 100, or 125, 150 or 200% is correct and causes it.

My Win10 laptop was set at 150% before installing V1.6 and no problem, my desktop Win7 was at custom 130% and that was a problem, reset it to 125% and all is good.

So the default Windows scaling options should not cause any problems.

Edited by Brokenwave
Added OS info

It is now 3/28/2018 and this problem persists with version 164.4.104.   I cannot resolve the issue by setting my display to 100%, or 125%, or 150%.  I've also tried changing the retina display option, and the "Renderer" from Intel to Nvidia, to no avail.

Affinity needs to fix this issue, as it makes Affinity Photo nearly useless.

12 hours ago, zBernie said:

It is now 3/28/2018 and this problem persists with version 164.4.104.   I cannot resolve the issue by setting my display to 100%, or 125%, or 150%.  I've also tried changing the retina display option, and the "Renderer" from Intel to Nvidia, to no avail.

Affinity needs to fix this issue, as it makes Affinity Photo nearly useless.

If you're saying that changing your display scaling to 100%, 125%, or 150% did not fix the problem for you, I think you should provide more details about your display setup (number of monitors, etc.).

From what I recall seeing here in the forums those settings have worked for everyone else using a single display. Of course, I may have missed seeing something, or there may be aspects of the problem that I don't understand. But perhaps you're experiencing a different problem, and providing additional details may help the Affinity team understand your issue.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

I posted to this issue back in November and it has not been addressed.  Yes, if I set my scaling to 125% it makes Afffinity behave however

before Affinity I had scaling set at 135% and all existing programs behaved fine.  The real issue with me is I have a laptop and scaling set at

anything other than 135% affects other programs I use.  The answer to this problem is to FIX it not to suggest workarounds.

R. Burns

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you're saying that changing your display scaling to 100%, 125%, or 150% did not fix the problem for you, I think you should provide more details about your display setup (number of monitors, etc.).

From what I recall seeing here in the forums those settings have worked for everyone else using a single display. Of course, I may have missed seeing something, or there may be aspects of the problem that I don't understand. But perhaps you're experiencing a different problem, and providing additional details may help the Affinity team understand your issue.

I have an HP Pavillion with 24" monitor with an Intel HD Graphics 530 and Nvidia GeForce 930MX.  The display is running at 1080p.   As I said I've also tried changing the retina display option, and the "Renderer" from Intel to Nvidia, to no avail.  Or changing the display to 100 or 125% did not resolve the issue.  Actually I have not tried 150% because that is just too large for me.

Mark,

I appreciate your comments re: Microsoft however the fact that they offer custom scaling leads me to beleive

it's not that big of an issue.  The fact remains that on my laptop all the programs with the exception of Affinity

display properly at 135%. and some don't at 125% These include Photoshop, Lightroom, Corel Painter, Word, Excell and of course Windows 10.

Please fix the problem.

R. Burns