You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make an Affinity Store account?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Steven. :)

When you launch Affinity Photo after installation, there should be a link on the Welcome screen which takes you to the Affinity Store so that you can create an account and claim your freebies.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 1:12 PM, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Steven. :)

When you launch Affinity Photo after installation, there should be a link on the Welcome screen which takes you to the Affinity Store so that you can create an account and claim your freebies.

a link would have been nice!!?

14 minutes ago, awweir said:

a link would have been nice!!?

A link might have been nice at the time, but it would be useless now that the version 1.6 launch offer has expired.

Alfred spacer.png

Just now, Alfred said:

A link might have been nice at the time, but it would be useless now that the version 1.6 launch offer has expired.

dont need it for software, I have APhoto. Just cannot find account for Mac, is there another way to get to welcome screen to set up an account. I have had this product for 2 years and it doesnt recognize any of my emails...

2 minutes ago, awweir said:

dont need it for software, I have APhoto. Just cannot find account for Mac, is there another way to get to welcome screen to set up an account. I have had this product for 2 years and it doesnt recognize any of my emails...

The Mac version of Affinity Photo is normally only sold to retail customers through the Mac App Store, so unless you want to purchase the Windows version of an Affinity app or either (or both!) of the workbooks you don't need an Affinity Store account. As far as I can see, there is no account creation link on the site (presumably because an account is created for you when you make your first purchase, so a separate link is unnecessary).

The Affinity Store is here: https://affinity.store

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

The Mac version of Affinity Photo is normally only sold to retail customers through the Mac App Store, so unless you want to purchase the Windows version of an Affinity app or either (or both!) of the workbooks you don't need an Affinity Store account. As far as I can see, there is no account creation link on the site (presumably because an account is created for you when you make your first purchase, so a separate link is unnecessary).

The Affinity Store is here: https://affinity.store

I am aware of the Apple store. If the APhoto account is created for me then it should have my email? Which it doesnt recognize. So an Affinity account is still needed and I cannot create one. So I do need a link to create one.

26 minutes ago, awweir said:

How did you obtain Affinity Photo in the first place, and what version do you have? Affinity has (to my understanding) only supplied it for Mac via the Apple Store, with one exception. There was apparently an X-Rite promo offer sometime ago that involved getting the Mac version directly from Affinity.

If you acquired your software via that promo, then you're perhaps running an older version of Affinity Photo and trying to upgrade to the latest one. In that case I think you'll need to contact Affinity Support via email, and then wait for them to figure out a way for you to obtain the upgrade. There have been several threads about that problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

How did you obtain Affinity Photo in the first place, and what version do you have? Affinity has (to my understanding) only supplied it for Mac via the Apple Store, with one exception. There was apparently an X-Rite promo offer sometime ago that involved getting the Mac version directly from Affinity.

If you acquired your software via that promo, then you're perhaps running an older version of Affinity Photo and trying to upgrade to the latest one. In that case I think you'll need to contact Affinity Support via email, and then wait for them to figure out a way for you to obtain the upgrade. There have been several threads about that problem.

Not the same problem from what I can tell .... I bought it June 2016.  Version 1.6 is my latest 

OK, thanks for that info. Perhaps you could clarify why you need the Affinity account, then? That's unclear to me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

28 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps you could clarify why you need the Affinity account, then? That's unclear to me.

It's unclear to me, too, and the waters are further muddied by Anthony's screenshot which shows a failed attempt to create an account on Serif.com.

Alfred spacer.png

25 minutes ago, awweir said:

I am aware of the Apple store. If the APhoto account is created for me then it should have my email? Which it doesnt recognize. So an Affinity account is still needed and I cannot create one. So I do need a link to create one.

I think you are confusing several different kinds of accounts, all of which are for different purposes:

• Your Affinity forum account, necessary if you want to post anything here. Obviously, you already have that.

• Your Apple user account, necessary for purchases from the Mac App Store, the iTunes Store, & to use various Apple-provided services. This account is tied to your Apple ID. Serif/Affinity has no access to your Apple ID or anything tied to it, including your Affinity purchases made through the Mac App Store.

• An Affinity Store account, necessary if you want to buy anything that store sells, like the Workbooks or the Windows versions. This included the 'bonus' content offered for free -- even though the price was zero, it was still considered a purchase, in much the same way as many free apps purchased through the Mac App Store are considered purchases.

• A Microsoft user account, necessary if you wanted to buy Windows apps directly from Microsoft. Much like the Apple user account, Serif/Affinity has no access to that.

You can use the same email address for all of them if you want, but you still have to set up each of them separately, supplying whatever personal or billing or other info they require to establish & use that type of account, including whatever email address you want associated with that specific account.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

This included the 'bonus' content offered for free -- even though the price was zero, it was still considered a purchase, in much the same way as many free apps purchased through the Mac App Store are considered purchases.

Were these free items not treated as purchases, there would be no record of them and therefore no way to download them again at a later date.

Alfred spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Klumper,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To sign-up for our newsletter visit this link. New accounts are created when you buy something from the Affinity Store (note that we don't sell the Mac apps there - only through the Mac/iTunes App Store). So unless you are interested in the Affinity Designer or Photo Workbooks (which only cover the desktop version of the programs) you don't need to have an account there.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi BlackDragon614,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Have you bought Affinity Photo/Designer for Windows, one of the Workbooks, or registered/created an account in our store to download some of the free goodies/extras previously? If not you probably don't have an account there. Have you tried the Forgot password link on the bottom of this page?

The account you have on this forum is independent from the Affinity Store account they are not related in any way.