You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Expand stroke is completely broken

footof

1 hour ago, SteveMose said:

I think they are more concerned about launching tablet versions than actually fixing their main product. You cannot tout UI software which fails in a primary requirement for UI design. The auto-response from moderators is very disheartening. 

Absolutely. The marketing is very misleading, that's my biggest issue. 

• 4 months later...

It's been almost half a year passed since last comment and still no results. Just purchased AD few days ago and on v1.6.1 I've faced with same issue.  I'm shocked with such irresponsibility.

I'm going to ask a money back because for me it's not a vector editor without such working feature as expand stroke.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28. Januar 2019 at 5:07 PM, Evanre said:

I've wasted 50 bucks on this and I really regret.

You are not alone. Because Serif did not tell us the current status after those patiently endured years, drop them an email at affinity@serif.com and/or report the bug again or again.

Or email AffinityReturns@serif.com within 14 days of purchase.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

2019... the issue persists. It's sad. I'm considering other alternatives seriously. I'm not gonna spend another $50 on a software update 2.xx with slow bugs fixing phases.
There was an issue with the Transparency Tools that crashed the program. I had to spend days, weeks, months until many versions later, it was "fixed".

Now I found this huge bug.   Had to create a duplicate of my object, then resize it to cover the stroke, then remove the stroke, then use the Subtract Pathfinder. Just to simulate a stroke that is not a stroke, but a curves that can be added with other curves with the Add Pathfinder.

I've had the same problem on several projects and it can be frustrating. The 'increasing the size' remedy doesn't seem to work for me. However, I'll tell you what I did as a workaround. First you will need a piece of vectorizing software (I use Image Vectorizer' on my Mac. It's the simplest and best I've tried so far and it's not costly.) I isolate the bits that need to be expanded and copy and paste into a new doc which I then I export as a jpg and vectorize the file. Then bring it back in to the project doc. Not exactly, 'Hey Presto!" but it worked for me.

It'll be great when this gets sorted.

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Simplicity itself! Why didn't I think of that? Which one do you think is best?

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Indeed you're right. I was thinking of an online vectorizer. I'm happy enough with my clunky process -it's reasonably straightforward.

Jesus, my eyesight. I'm rushing around so much today I didn't even cop that there was a link...

Thanks for your help, O. Kevin

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi raglet,
This hasn't been ignored. The dev team is well aware of this issue however they have been extremely busy with all changes required to ensure compatibility with the upcoming Affinity Publisher and with the Publisher's development itself. As soon as Publisher is released, eventual/initial issues resolved and the app stabilised we should get back to our usual pace and focus on fixing bugs like these which are not easy and require some effort and time to get right. Please bear with us.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, MEB said:

Hi raglet,
This hasn't been ignored. The dev team is well aware of this issue however they have been extremely busy with all changes required to ensure compatibility with the upcoming Affinity Publisher and with the Publisher's development itself. As soon as Publisher is released, eventual/initial issues resolved and the app stabilised we should get back to our usual pace and focus on fixing bugs like these which are not easy and require some effort and time to get right. Please bear with us.

A few bad apples don't necessarily ruin the whole basket. Besides, Rome wasn't built in a day, and that's why it's so beautiful. Good progress takes time.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello

I have the same problem since I update the Affinity.

As you can see I made the same operation and only mirroring the same perfect circle and ellipse.  I tried it with converting to curve, and with out, same problem. It is a big issue. 

Capture.JPG

On 6/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, MEB said:

Hi raglet,
This hasn't been ignored. The dev team is well aware of this issue however they have been extremely busy with all changes required to ensure compatibility with the upcoming Affinity Publisher and with the Publisher's development itself. As soon as Publisher is released, eventual/initial issues resolved and the app stabilised we should get back to our usual pace and focus on fixing bugs like these which are not easy and require some effort and time to get right. Please bear with us.

>Back to our usual pace
The "usual pace" that was before Publisher was announced/released was to also postpone this bugfix indefinitely.

How can a vector tool have its main vector function broken for so much time and yet still be kept under low priority?

Edit: wanted to make it clear, my current frustration is directed at whoever is managing the priority list, not you, a forum moderator, Meb.

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer