cybertec69

1.6.0.89 issues, Tabs Vanishing

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, that's really helpful. Can I assume that you have had this installed for a while without a problem? , because we suspect that there is another piece of the jigsaw too.

Others reported that if they went back to Affinity 1.5.x.69 they still have the same problem. So either Sonic Radar just patched, or something else just updated that has made Affinity and other  applications (like Sonic Radar) start interfering with each other. 

I'm pleased that you have a work around, but it's possible that we will track down the other factor (perhaps a Windows update) and perhaps stop these other applications from interfering with ours without being mutually exclusive. 

If sonic radar has just recently been installed or has updated, then there may be no other factors at all. Please clarify. 

Yeah ive had sonic radar installed since i built my pc and it hasn't given any problems with any software until now. i can't find any update history for sonic radar but i'm assuming it would have to be done manually in which case it is on the same version that i have always had?

4 minutes ago, sirromz said:

Yeah ive had sonic radar installed since i built my pc and it hasn't given any problems with any software until now. i can't find any update history for sonic radar but i'm assuming it would have to be done manually in which case it is on the same version that i have always had?

Yes, that would be the case. Chances are, this might be a Windows update which has triggered this scenario.

If you get chance, and this is totally up to you, could you uninstall 1.6, and reinstall 1.5 to see whether that version is still affected? You should probably rename your AppData folder to something else to make sure you don't lose any changes you've made:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 => %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.6

After you switch back to 1.6, you can rename the folder back.

As I say, it's up to you, I realise this will be a bit of a pain, but I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,

Mark

17 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks for the screenshots @cybertec69. I notice you're running MSI Dragon Gaming Center. I wonder whether you could quit that application and try starting Affinity Photo / Designer again (without the --no-hw-ui flag) and see whether that makes a difference? The only reason I ask is, @Danielcz had a very similar application (ASUS RoG Phoebus) installed, and when he closed that, the Affinity applications worked fine afterwards.

We're still trying to get to the bottom of this, so thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

@cybertec69

I've noticed you are running Nahimic MSI UI Launcher as well in your services. This uses a-volute's technology, that I believe is also used in the ASUS ROG Phoebus sound card. Both drivers have similar installers, and both have exes signed by a-volute. 

This also matches up with what sirromz has said regarding disabling the Sonic Radar on his ASUS utilitys (which no doubt uses the same a-volute tech).

In your task manager could you try ending these three processes and then running the app without --no-hw-ui as mark has mentioned:

• NahimicMSIUILauncher.exe
  • NahimicMSISvc32.exe
  • NahimicMSISvc64.exe

Asus AI Suit 3 (motherboard control software) is not affected...

(AI Suite 3 dont contain any audio control, with z87-Pro it use separate driver for Realtek codec)

so its probably connected only to this audio tech, originally i thought its some broader issue of UI framework of 3rd party software, because

i had similar issue with older version of SAMSUNG Magician (SSD control panel) software when running in system tray in some video games :D

Core i7 4770 - AMD R9 290x (Driver 19.8.1) - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 ultimate SP1 (monthly rollup) - https://danielmoravek.com

32 minutes ago, M-D said:

Hi I reported the same problem with Designer
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49230-ad-16-disappearing-or-stretched-interface-items/#comment-246695
and I can confirm that disabling Nahimic for MSI worked for me.

There should be no reason to disable other programs to have Affinity photo software work, it's asinine. I run the free nikon software with no issues. Every other program on my computer runs fine, no need to disable anything. 

28 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

There should be no reason to disable other programs to have Affinity photo software work, it's asinine. I run the free nikon software with no issues. Every other program on my computer runs fine, no need to disable anything. 

Your free Nikon software won't be rendering it's user interface with Direct3D (Microsoft Technology).

The problem here is that these third party software applications (Nahimic, etc), are doing things that they shouldn't be. They're interferring with the way that Direct3D renders content. 

If their software was written better, then we wouldn't have these problems. As it is, our users come on the forums and complain about the software not looking right, but we can't reproduce it because we don't have these third party applications installed. That's the nature of the Windows OS though I guess.

Anyway, we're working on a solution to prevent these applications interfering with us. Hopefully it will be available in 1.6.1.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Your free Nikon software won't be rendering it's user interface with Direct3D (Microsoft Technology).

The problem here is that these third party software applications (Nahimic, etc), are doing things that they shouldn't be. They're interferring with the way that Direct3D renders content. 

If their software was written better, then we wouldn't have these problems. As it is, our users come on the forums and complain about the software not looking right, but we can't reproduce it because we don't have these third party applications installed. That's the nature of the Windows OS though I guess.

Anyway, we're working on a solution to prevent these applications interfering with us. Hopefully it will be available in 1.6.1.

It's the Nahimic software, I disabled  these two actions "NahimicMSISvc32(32bit) and NahimicMSISvc64 , I did not disable the Nahimic Launcher, Nahimic still works fine, and the Affinity Photo software works fine now. I added a screen shot of after and before ending task.

5a09de1a0fe7a_2017-11-13(1).png.9b161ff23acef64331dbc925bfc51071.png2017-11-13.png.c6b0a2d1e8da41d49494781dd8ecde01.png

Update: I just rebooted my PC and only ended the task of "NahimicMSISvc64", I left "NahiminMSISvc32(32 bit)" running, and Affinity Photo works fine and the Nahimic software also works fine, it seems to be something with the 64 line that is causing the issues, hope this helps.

Hello everyone, could you give the latest customer betas a try, as we believe we've managed to mitigate these issues:

Photo - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/50204-affinity-photo-customer-beta-16192/

Designer - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/50206-affinity-designer-customer-beta-16192/

Hopefully we will release this as a patch soon.

Tengo el mismo problema, no tengo ningún problema en la computadora, el ordenador esta actualizada, lo probe con la grafica integrada, con la tarjeta grafica, lo instale y desinstale en los dos rígidos, Windows 10 actualizado a 2019 original, ningun problema de Driver, trabajo fotografía con varios programas sin problemas y quise probar este para dejar Photoshop y nadie contesta!!  El programa abre bien, pero en cuánto quieres abrir un documento o una foto , se cierra y no aparece ningún mensaje de error , simplemente se cierra . Necesito ver como funciona o me vere obligado a renovar con Adobe y desde ya este programa no sera una opcion para nada, Alguien que responda.

Laptop Asus N75S - Windows 10 Original, Tarjeta Nvidia 555 . 750 gigas memoria libre de sobra

Alguna solucion . ???