cybertec69

1.6.0.89 issues, Tabs Vanishing

1 hour ago, sandersz said:

You were right, the old version doesn't work either.
Today an update for Adobe Flash Player was released, but unfortunately it cannot be uninstalled to see if it's that!?

Do you have the option to do a System Restore to the time just before the update?

6 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

Also running AMD driver 17.11.1 but not seeing the problems being discussed here.  Also just checked Windows update and my computer is, apparently, fully up to date.  (I've not yet been "offered" the 1709 update so I don't know if that's significant or not in this case.)

Jeff

Im running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 with newest monthly update, not windows 10.

-Update-

I have uninstalled:

KB4038777
KB4041083
KB4043766
KB4041681
KB4040980

And issue still remain.

i dont have any other Windows 7 updates with number KB404xxxx or KB403xxxx installed

Only KB4019990, KB4014504 and that horrible thing KB2952664 rest is from MAY 2017 timeframe

Have .NET Framework 4.7.1 version (i will try downgrade, what framework version AP 1.6 need as minimum?)

-Update2-

i have downgraded to NET Framework 4.6.2 and no help, issue still remain...

Core i7 4770 - AMD R9 290x (Driver 19.8.1) - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 ultimate SP1 (monthly rollup) - https://danielmoravek.com

I have found what was causing that in my case:

ASUS PHOEBUS sound card control software running in system tray

(Sonic Studio version 1.1.14) 

When Asus Phoebus sound card control panel is shut down, flickering and disappearing UI in Affinity Photo 1.6 is no longer present.

(Must restart Affinity Photo to take effect)

so it was 3rd party software clash :D

Core i7 4770 - AMD R9 290x (Driver 19.8.1) - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 ultimate SP1 (monthly rollup) - https://danielmoravek.com

7 hours ago, Danielcz said:

I have found what was causing that in my case:

ASUS PHOEBUS sound card control software running in system tray

(Sonic Studio version 1.1.14) 

When Asus Phoebus sound card control panel is shut down, flickering and disappearing UI in Affinity Photo 1.6 is no longer present.

(Must restart Affinity Photo to take effect)

so it was 3rd party software clash :D

Thank you Daniel, we'll install this today and try to replicate it!

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thank you Daniel, we'll install this today and try to replicate it!

Unfortunately without the physical card being present, the drivers refuse to install. :(

2 hours ago, Danielcz said:

Sending video to see how its look like:

PhoebusDriverAfinnityPhoto.mp4

@Sean P has now managed to reproduce this, so we're doing some more checks to try to find out whether it is just the ASUS software at fault, or whether it relies on another update or piece of software to be installed at the same time.

I've just noticed the following, everything on the Surface Pro4 is running correctly. But when I drag the window to my connected 4k monitor (HP Envy 27s via Dispalyport) the dialog boxes are no longer displayed! If I push the program back onto the surface it doesn't work any more either. Only after restarting the program everything runs smoothly again. 
looks like a problem with the graphics driver!

On 11/8/2017 at 10:19 AM, Sean P said:

Hi cybertec69,

Would it be possible to get a bit more information from you at all please?

Could we get:

1. Your version number of Windows. This can be gotten by pressing the Start button and typing 'Winver'. You should see a line starting Version, could you list the entire contents of that line please?

2. A Zipped up copy of your program AppData. To do this go to %AppData%/Affinity/Photo/1.0/ and zip up the contents of that folder. You can then send this to us using our internal Dropbox account here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/request/lhMeCf3BQmuXNOSFyuUc

3. Some screenshots showing the running processes in Task Manager. To do this press Ctrl+Shift+Escape. This will bring up Task Manager. You may need to click 'More Details' if you don't get any tabbed options. Now select the 'Details' tab. Could you take a series of screenshots showing the contents of this list and then either attach to the forum post or to the Dropbox link above.

4. A list of your Windows Update version history. For Windows 10 you can do this by first going to Settings > Update & Security > Update History. Please attach a screenshot showing the list of updates you currently have installed.

Thank you very much.

I uploaded the zip file to your drop box.

2017-11-08.png

2017-11-09 (1).png

2017-11-09 (2).png

2017-11-09 (3).png

2017-11-09 (4).png

2017-11-09.png

19 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

I uploaded the zip file to your drop box.

Thanks for the screenshots @cybertec69. I notice you're running MSI Dragon Gaming Center. I wonder whether you could quit that application and try starting Affinity Photo / Designer again (without the --no-hw-ui flag) and see whether that makes a difference? The only reason I ask is, @Danielcz had a very similar application (ASUS RoG Phoebus) installed, and when he closed that, the Affinity applications worked fine afterwards.

We're still trying to get to the bottom of this, so thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

I just found out something else: the problem only occurs if I set "project" in the Windows settings, change to "expand screen", with the settings"duplicate" and " only second screen" everything works fine!?
Maybe this will help you somehow!?

16 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks for the screenshots @cybertec69. I notice you're running MSI Dragon Gaming Center. I wonder whether you could quit that application and try starting Affinity Photo / Designer again (without the --no-hw-ui flag) and see whether that makes a difference? The only reason I ask is, @Danielcz had a very similar application (ASUS RoG Phoebus) installed, and when he closed that, the Affinity applications worked fine afterwards.

We're still trying to get to the bottom of this, so thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

I disabled the MSI Dragon Gaming Center and re-booted the system with the same issues in Affinity Photo. When I disable the windows key the MSI gaming center does not work after re-booting the system.

2017-11-09 (5).png

2017-11-09 (6).png

Just now, cybertec69 said:

I disabled the MSI Dragon Gaming Center and re-booted the system with the same issues. When I disable the windows key the MSI gaming center does not work after re-booting the system.

I'm not sure what you mean by disable the windows key, but is there any way to just quit the application? Right click in the system tray or something? Or End Task via Task Manager? Disabling the software isn't good enough, because the UI will still be visible.

Just now, Mark Ingram said:

I'm not sure what you mean by disable the windows key, but is there any way to just quit the application? Right click in the system tray or something? Or End Task via Task Manager? Disabling the software isn't good enough, because the UI will still be visible.

The application does not work without the Windows Key enabled, that is how you shut it down, if I uninstall it I will not be able to re-install the same version again.

Just now, cybertec69 said:

The application does not work without the Windows Key enabled, that is how you shut it down, if I uninstall it I will not be able to re-install the same version again.

Not uninstall, just quit. 

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Find Dragon Gaming Center in the list

Right click, choose End task

That should do it.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Not uninstall, just quit. 

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Find Dragon Gaming Center in the list

Right click, choose End task

That should do it.

This is what this function does, will try your process. Followed your steps, same issues. It's not the MSI DGS, I also use the Nikon free editing software like Capture NX-D and ViewNX-i with no issues.

56 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

This is what this function does, will try your process. Followed your steps, same issues. It's not the MSI DGS, I also use the Nikon free editing software like Capture NX-D and ViewNX-i.

OK, thanks for trying.

So after trying a few things i think i have worked out a fix for this issue (not sure if it will work for everyone but its worth trying!) 

I heard about someone saying it was caused by a piece of Asus software called sonic radar and i tried exiting that and re opening affinity and voila it works!!! no disappearing buttons and no fuzzy white lines!!! (don't just disable it - exit it!). I tried this multiple times to make sure and whenever i turned on sonic suite (sonic radar),  affinity started glitching again!

1. Right click sonic suite logo in icon tray

2. Click exit (bottom button)

3. Close and open affinity again

4. Should work!

Sonic Radar is a screen overlay that is supposed to provided more focused audio during games where you need to hear everything very carefully to pin point enemies footsteps for example.

https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

sonic radar.png

7 hours ago, sirromz said:

...I heard about someone saying it was caused by a piece of Asus software called sonic radar and i tried exiting that and re opening affinity and voila it works!!! no disappearing buttons and no fuzzy white lines!!! (don't just disable it - exit it!).....

Thanks, that's really helpful. Can I assume that you have had this installed for a while without a problem? , because we suspect that there is another piece of the jigsaw too.

Others reported that if they went back to Affinity 1.5.x.69 they still have the same problem. So either Sonic Radar just patched, or something else just updated that has made Affinity and other  applications (like Sonic Radar) start interfering with each other. 

I'm pleased that you have a work around, but it's possible that we will track down the other factor (perhaps a Windows update) and perhaps stop these other applications from interfering with ours without being mutually exclusive. 

If sonic radar has just recently been installed or has updated, then there may be no other factors at all. Please clarify. 

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

8 hours ago, sirromz said:

So after trying a few things i think i have worked out a fix for this issue (not sure if it will work for everyone but its worth trying!) 

I heard about someone saying it was caused by a piece of Asus software called sonic radar and i tried exiting that and re opening affinity and voila it works!!! no disappearing buttons and no fuzzy white lines!!! (don't just disable it - exit it!). I tried this multiple times to make sure and whenever i turned on sonic suite (sonic radar),  affinity started glitching again!

1. Right click sonic suite logo in icon tray

2. Click exit (bottom button)

3. Close and open affinity again

4. Should work!

Sonic Radar is a screen overlay that is supposed to provided more focused audio during games where you need to hear everything very carefully to pin point enemies footsteps for example.

https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

sonic radar.png

Thank you for getting back to us :-)