cybertec69

1.6.0.89 issues, Tabs Vanishing

Tabs vanishing then reappearing, it's a complete mess, software crashing when uploading more than one file, can not close the software as it says it is still working on files, it's a complete and utter mess. I have never seen anything like this even with free editing software. Pictures attached. Software is installed to my SSD drive, Windows 10 64bit with 32 GB of RAM, GTX 980. Even the forum is lagging. 

2017-11-03 (1).png

2017-11-03 (2).png

2017-11-03 (3).png

2017-11-03 (4).png

2017-11-03.png

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi, uploading the screenshots directly would be better than uploading pictures of a screenshot, as it makes it much harder to see what's going on.

Anyway, it looks like a problem with your graphics card drivers - are they up to date?

Yes, the graphics card drivers are up to date

Just now, cybertec69 said:

Yes, the graphics card drivers are up to date

What graphics card are you using, and what's the driver version?

It may also be a problem with the .NET Framework 4.6.2 installation. We've had a few customers who've needed to re-install it after experiencing problems.

Just now, Mark Ingram said:

Sorry, what do you mean by uploading? Affinity Photo doesn't have an upload feature?

Meant to say when working on files, once the files are transferred from my PC to the Affinity editing software.

Just now, cybertec69 said:

Meant to say when working on files, once the files are transferred from my PC to the Affinity editing software.

How do you mean transferred? Do you mean File | Open... ? How are you opening the files? Does it crash every time? Can you upload the file to the forum so that we can try to reproduce it?

What graphics card are you using, and what's the driver version?

It may also be a problem with the .NET Framework 4.6.2 installation. We've had a few customers who've needed to re-install it after experiencing problems.

2017-11-03 (5).png

2017-11-03 (6).png

How do you mean transferred? Do you mean File | Open... ? How are you opening the files? Does it crash every time? Can you upload the file to the forum so that we can try to reproduce it?

Yes

1 minute ago, cybertec69 said:

Yes

Could you upload the sample file you were experiencing problems with?

I'm not sure why the user interface is appearing corrupted like that, it's certainly not caused by anything that we're doing. Like I say, perhaps a re-install of .NET Framework 4.6.2 might fix the problem.

Here's a screenshot from my system:

DevelopAssistant.png

Just now, Mark Ingram said:

Could you upload the sample file you were experiencing problems with?

I'm not sure why the user interface is appearing corrupted like that, it's certainly not caused by anything that we're doing. Like I say, perhaps a re-install of .NET Framework 4.6.2 might fix the problem.

Here's a screenshot from my system:

DevelopAssistant.png

That is how it initially pops up, once I run my mouse over certain settings tabs they either disappear or have this smudge effect

4 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

Do I type this in windows command prompt window

You can make a shortcut to the application, or if you want to go via the command line, you can do the following:

WIN+R

Type cmd, hit Enter (the command prompt should now be visible)

Type cd "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\", hit Enter

Type photo --no-hw-ui, hit Enter

Let me know how you get on.

25 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

did I do this right

Yep, that looks right. Did you the application launch OK?

Another user (also with the latest GeForce drivers) has said they have the same problem, and using the --no-hw-ui option fixed the issue. It sounds like something NVIDIA need to be aware of.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49230-ad-16-disappearing-or-stretched-interface-items/

There is no reason for me to be having to go thru all this craziness just to open the software and have it work correctly, the software was downloaded just fine, also placed a shortcut to my desktop, the software opens but has issues that I highlighted in this thread

Yes, it opened up with the command prompt, and it now works just fine, how exactly will Nvidia know about this issue, the  software developer needs to contact Nvidia with this software issue. By the way thanks for the temporary fix.

3 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

There is no reason for me to be having to go thru all this craziness just to open the software and have it work correctly, the software was downloaded just fine, also placed a shortcut to my desktop, the software opens but has issues that I highlighted in this thread

Yes, and I'm trying to establish why you are experiencing these problems.

Did the application launch OK after using the --no-hw-ui flag? Did you see any problems?

As I said, another user has reported the problem, and it appears to be a bug with your graphics driver. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Yes, and I'm trying to establish why you are experiencing these problems.

Did the application launch OK after using the --no-hw-ui flag? Did you see any problems?

As I said, another user has reported the problem, and it appears to be a bug with your graphics driver. 

Yes it opened fine and seems to be stable

2 minutes ago, cybertec69 said:

Yes it opened fine and seems to be more stable

That's good, and it confirms that it's a bug with NVIDIA's graphics driver. I suggest you contact their support department to let them know of this bug with their driver.

Thank you for checking.