AviTambijaku

Designer 1.6 | 'Expand stroke' tool overly aggressive with rounded corners

A year has passed, Designer 1.7 is out, and the bug is still with us, nothing changed.

I opened the very same file I featured a year ago (you can download the original file right in my comment above, the one with the many previews, and test it for yourself), and expanded strokes. Left is the original, non-expanded icon. Blue is the result for expanding strokes in Designer 1.7. The red underneath is the expanded stroke result in Designer 1.6

So... I'll stick to Figma for icon design and overall UI design then, while patiently waiting another year for 1.8 to make Designer great again...

:(

mazio.png

i have same this problem, this is very important for make icon pixel perfect, ui design.

but affinity designer can't working that.

I buy this software, because i see marketing banner in website affinity designer, they are say this software perfect for make icon

Yes same problem for me. Icon development for clean svg Icons is nearly impossible for me. So the whole program is useless for me. Still forced to stay with AI...

20190611_113131_001.png

if i build a icon set. I can't work with AD because of this problem. We are now at 1.7 and there is no improvements. 

Put this problem on top of our list and fix this, please! 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-12 um 10.20.20.png

On 9/19/2018 at 3:41 PM, Molumen said:

but I'm not holding my breath...

And THAT was a wise move! :D

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

On 6/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, kaiwienen said:

if i build a icon set. I can't work with AD because of this problem. We are now at 1.7 and there is no improvements. 

Put this problem on top of our list and fix this, please! 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-12 um 10.20.20.png

I don’t have the exact number in the To-Do list of Matt Priestley (the Developer that is going to address this issue), but as stated in public, he will look into it in the following months.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

I was just about to ask around if 1.7 saw any improvements in this regard but I guess that’d be a resounding ”no.”

Sad state of affairs. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:27 PM, dr_who said:

I was just about to ask around if 1.7 saw any improvements in this regard but I guess that’d be a resounding ”no.”

Sad state of affairs. 

It is indeed a 'no'

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)