You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.6 and Filter Forge 6

Hi Applewoodj. At the moment Filterforge doesn’t work with 1.6. I have communicated with Filterforge and they say Affinity needs to talk to them so that they can work together to make filterforge work. It used to work with version 1.5 but Affinity apparently have made changes to the code base and consequently it no longer works. I’m hoping now that 1.6 is finally released they will put some emphasis on making more plugins work. I also have (Flaming Pear) Flood 2 which won’t work and again the dev’s say Affinity needs to talk to them. Hopefully they will...soon!

27 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

I also have (Flaming Pear) Flood 2 which won’t work and again the dev’s say Affinity needs to talk to them. Hopefully they will...soon!

Serif have already been talking to Lloyd Burchill (owner of Flaming Pear Software) but it sounds as though they need to continue talking to him!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 03.11.2017 at 4:06 PM, applewoodj said:

Does this version work with filter forge 6? (the latest beta versions did not). If not, is it possible to keep version 1.5 along with 1.6? If so, how does one do that?

Hi applewoodj, we're working right now on the update. And we along with Affinity Photo developers try to make FF work with AF well. 

19 hours ago, Fixx said:

The price of professional version is much too high IMHO. Or size limit should be lifted from current 3000X3000 in Standard version at least. My minimum work size is 4016 × 6016 and basic version just does not run.

Hi Fixx, you can just wait for the sale time and buy Filter Forge at a discount. I'd also recommended you to subscribe to our newsletter to stay tuned for all the discounts and sales. :)