You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi andre187,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you sure you have an Affinity Store account? Most Mac users don't have an Affinity Store account unless they have bought the Affinity Designer Workbook there (the only other products we sell here is the Windows versions of our apps). Your Affinity Forum account or the old Serif account (for the legacy Plus line of Serif products) are NOT linked to the Affinity Store account. All these accounts are independent, so you may have not an Affinity Store account yet. Which OS are you running? Windows or Mac?

Same problem here. Had to log in to forum to report. Have attempted a password reset, even though the password was save din keychain, and no reason not to be working. @MEB There are Affinity Store accounts. Was trying earlier today, to claim the free bonus content for the v1.6 update. Guess what? Gotta sign in to the store account. All I can say is, known password wasn't working. Applied for reset twice, hours apart, and got no email back from Affinity, for confirmation reset of password. Something might not be working properly.

Update: MacOS user

iMac Pro (2017) Processor: 3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W / Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB | iPad Pro: 12.9 inch 2nd Gen

2 hours ago, deeland said:

Same problem here. Had to log in to forum to report. Have attempted a password reset, even though the password was save din keychain, and no reason not to be working. @MEB There are Affinity Store accounts. Was trying earlier today, to claim the free bonus content for the v1.6 update. Guess what? Gotta sign in to the store account. All I can say is, known password wasn't working. Applied for reset twice, hours apart, and got no email back from Affinity, for confirmation reset of password. Something might not be working properly.

Are you certain you have an Affinity Store account? As a Mac user, you would have one only if you purchased the Affinity Designer Workbook or one of the Windows versions of Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. If Keychain shows your saved password is for 'forum.affinity.serif.com' then it is not for an Affinity Store account, just for these forums.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 hours ago, deeland said:

Same problem here. Had to log in to forum to report. Have attempted a password reset, even though the password was save din keychain, and no reason not to be working. @MEB There are Affinity Store accounts. Was trying earlier today, to claim the free bonus content for the v1.6 update. Guess what? Gotta sign in to the store account. All I can say is, known password wasn't working. Applied for reset twice, hours apart, and got no email back from Affinity, for confirmation reset of password. Something might not be working properly.

MacOS user? 

*Deleted as it was wrong.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

@toltec Someone must have spoofed the Affinity Team email account, and is sending out bogus emails to MacOS customers? Somehow, I received an email from "Affinity@Serif.com", and I quote, edited down for brevity, without graphics from said email:

Hi Dee,

We are thrilled to announce that both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer have just received a fantastic new update! The 1.6 versions introduce exciting new architecture making them faster, smoother and more powerful than ever before. They also include a whole host of valuable new features such as a light UI mode, brush stabilisation and tons of useful performance improvements and enhancements.

To celebrate the update for the next two weeks we are giving away a huge bundle of creative content free with both apps, so if you don’t own them yet now is the perfect time to buy! …

… As usual if you already own Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer this update is completely free, and to thank you for your support we’ve also made the free content available to existing users until 16th November when the special offer ends.

Here’s what you’ll receive along-side this fantastic update:

Affinity Photo bonus content worth US$138

Affinity Designer bonus content worth US$79.99 …

… Once installed a link to the free content will appear on the app welcome screen.

Well, you can imagine how excited I was! So, I follow the instructions.

59fd4b65eef62_ScreenShot2017-11-04at17_57_07.jpg.95251e40c012d8a853c0536e2ddae642.jpg

Claim Now? Okay, yep, I think I can handle this?

Screen-Shot-2017-11-04-at-18_10_05.thumb.jpg.4b553ac6da191dd82efacacc85d14e8e.jpg

Cool. Nearly there …

Screen-Shot-2017-11-04-at-18_12_06.thumb.jpg.a5e8b81bf0f27317c15e58ba0763ca96.jpg

Sign in details incorrect? Better apply for a change of password.

So, I get an email from Affinity Team.

Contact them for new password at the store site.  And … no response from Affinity Checkout. (I guess that's to do with a store? Us village idiots aren't to good on these computer thingamajigs.)

And this has nothing to do with Affinity? It's an Apple problem?

Edited by deeland
screenshots updated to web optimised

iMac Pro (2017) Processor: 3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W / Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB | iPad Pro: 12.9 inch 2nd Gen

3 hours ago, deeland said:

Sign in details incorrect? Better apply for a change of password.

Your sign in details will be incorrect if you do not have an Affinity Store account. Please see my earlier reply & check your Keychain entries:

In Keychain.app filter the entries to only those associated with Affinity by typing "Affinity" in the search box at the top of the window. Unless you see one or more with "affinity store" in the name, you do not have anything stored in Keychain for an Affinity Store account. Anything with "affinity.serif.com" or "forum.affinity.serif.com" in the name is not for an Affinity Store account; they are for your sign in credentials for your Affinity forum account.

If you do not have an Affinity Store account, there is no password for it that anyone can change, nor for security reasons is there any preexisting contact info the store site has they would use to send you a new one.

If you have no store account, click on the "New to Affinity?" tab shown in your last screenshot & follow the prompts to create a store account.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with Apple. It is a transaction between you & the Affinity Store.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, deeland said:

And this has nothing to do with Affinity? It's an Apple problem?

Ah yes. I misunderstood the problem. Sorry !

See What R C-R posted above.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

If you have no store account, click on the "New to Affinity?" tab shown in your last screenshot & follow the prompts to create a store account.

The wording on that tab is very unfortunate. What they actually mean is “New to the Affinity Store?”

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@R C-R My last post was a reply to @toltec – Where I asked "And this has nothing to do with Affinity? It's an Apple problem?", I was addressing comments made to me. I know it has nothing to with Apple.

Yes, I know what keychain is, and how it works.

I do have an Affinity Store account, going back a long time. This was created a while before purchasing anything through the MacOS App Store.

Regardless, the way Affinity has requested customers claim the "free content downloads" is set. When followed, it doesn't work.

Even if a customer wants to reset their password, and let's suppose the customer has never had an account, surely the response is normally along the lines of: "We don't have a record of that email address in our system. Please create an account."

So, whatever happens, I can report that:

• Claiming the free content downloads not possible

The store has some issues handling:

• Customers who think they have an account, but don't
  • Allowing customers to reset their password, if requesting to do so.

@Alfred Have followed your lead, and created a new account, with a new email address. This is outside the instructions and links Affinity have laid out, but at least I can now access the free content. But had to "buy" the content for zero dollars. I even get an order code.

The free "Grade UI kit for Affinity Designer" I claimed back in 29-OCT-2016, was a promotional link to their website, with a download button. (https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/grade-ui-kit/download/…). I'm guessing myself and other users were expecting something similar? Was certainly a simple process.

All in all, a bit messy and confusing. Why? Even if you're a MacOS user, you have to sign up to the store for Windows users.

Also, the promotional email says: "Once installed a link to the free content will appear on the app welcome screen." – That link takes you to the Windows users store, where the whole experience breaks down.

Free content on offer until 16 Nov 2016. Hopefully, other confused customers find this thread, or Affinity can clarify the process, with a follow-up email.

9 minutes ago, deeland said:

All in all, a bit messy and confusing. Why? Even if you're a MacOS user, you have to sign up to the store for Windows users.

It is not just "the store for Windows users." In fact, I believe the first product the Affinity Store sold was the Affinity Designer Workbook, possibly before the Windows apps were out of beta.

That's why I kept asking if your Keychain app specifically showed an entry with "Affinity Store" in the name. If it did, & you have never bought one of the Windows apps, it should be a strong indication that you bought the Workbook -- otherwise I do not see how you could have an Affinity Store account.

What is really confusing about it is that the Affinity forum account, the newsletter & old beta test signups, the two store accounts, & the Serif account for the now legacy Windows-only Plus products are all different things. If that was not enough, most (all?) of the free content is distributed by but not owned by Serif/Affinity, so the content owners rather than Serif/Affinity determine how they will allow it to be distributed. How could all that not conspire to make this considerably more than a bit messy? O.o

Affinity Photo 

• Staff
15 hours ago, deeland said:

Hi deeland,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for all the trouble you have gone to get the extras. Unless you have have bought the Affinity Designer Workbook or the Windows versions of our apps you don't have an Affinity Store account. The old process you used to claim the Grade UI kit was different from the one we are using now. At the time we only required your e-mail which was used to sign-up to our newsletter (so we can keep you updated) and to redirect you to a download link - this didn't create any account for you - just signed-up to our newsletter. The Affinity Forum Account and old Serif Account (for legacy products) are also not linked to the Affinity Store so since there's no account the reset password process didn't work. Again i'm glad to know everything was sorted out and that you were able to download the extras. Hopefully the process will be much smoother next time. Thank you for your support and patience.