PithyProlix

Flood Select broken in Photo 1.6

It seems like Flood Select is completely broken in Affinity Photo 1.6. I can't get it to do anything except select the whole image. I reverted to the last 1.5 release and it works fine with the same file.

Please let us know when you are ready to release a more thoroughly tested version.

5 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

It seems like Flood Select is completely broken in Affinity Photo 1.6. I can't get it to do anything except select the whole image. I reverted to the last 1.5 release and it works fine with the same file.

Please let us know when you are ready to release a more thoroughly tested version.

Works fine for me. What options are you using? Mode? Tolerance? Contiguous? Have you got a test file?

This has been a thoroughly tested version, just look through the beta forums to see all the reports and fixes that have occurred over the last year.

Hi all;

I am new (trial mode) to Affinity and quite frankly know "less than nothing" about it at this point. I just wanted to chime in on this topic because I had hit the same problem. I had the perfect image for flood select, a landscape with washed out sky, but I could not get the tool to select anything other than the entire image. Turns out my problem was with the layer I was working at the time. I only had 2 layers, the original image (background) and an adjustment layer (brightness/contrast) and when the focus was on the adjustment layer the tool would only select the whole image, as soon as I switched focus to the background layer everything worked as expected. This is probably how it should work?