jzedan

update 1.6.6 goes down when entering preferences

That surprises me, as I recall seeing statements that amount to some but maybe not all PS filters will work and some may not work correctly. We are trying to convert our art business workflow from Photoshop to Affinity, so I purchased Photo a few days ago to see if we'd be OK with what works. If there are no third-party truly equivalent Photoshop filters (suggestions?), then I am apparently stuck with Photoshop. I recall seeing a 60-day free trial offered. Regrettably(!) I am requesting a refund. Thank you.

Second request for refunding my purchase. I understood one could import filters, but come to find out, not Photoshop filters. The following is shown on https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/full-feature-list/

Plug-ins

• Use 64-bit Adobe® Photoshop® compatible plug-ins

It's a bummer that they aren't supported, our art business depends on those filters. I have no use for affinity without those filters. I also understand there's a 60-day "trial" wherein one could get a refund if the application doesn't fit their needs. Thank you.

Edited by k44g
added reference to Affinity feature listing page

Hi k44g,

What it says there is that Affinity Photo supports Photoshop's compatible plugins - that is, third party plugins that use Adobe Photoshop SDK (software development kit) to work with Photoshop and other hosts - and not that we support Photoshop's native plugins. Photoshop native's plugins are property of Adobe and are not intended to run on other software other than Photoshop (including for legal reasons). If you depend on Photoshop's native plugins for your work then you have to use Photoshop, but there's plenty of third party plugins that do the same.

If you still want a refund please check the following page for instructions on how to proceed: Returns and Refunds. If you are a Mac user you have to request a refund trough Apple support, clicking on the link Report a problem in the invoice Apple has sent to your e-mail.

Thank you for those instructions. I did "report a problem" as you advised. To make sure this is processed properly, here is my receipt:

[EDIT] receipt removed for privacy reasons

Edited by k44g
removed personal info

In order to protect your privacy, and in particular to avoid attracting the attention of spammers and scammers, you might want to edit out the personal details from your post to this public forum. :o

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)