You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Download for the Affinity Designer 1.6 retail is taking too long.

Then why is this download taking so long?! The betas took less than 5 minutes to download. But when I visit my page using my account...downloading the official version shows it'll take more than 3 hours. That's crazy. I doubt anybody would wait that long for a download like this. I never had this kind of slowdown before.

11 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi HagensWatch,

I've seen this happening before. Sometimes for some weird reason the server is/starts too slow(ly). Although risky (don't blame me if it doesn't work out! :$) you can try to cancel that download and start it again. Sometimes it does fix the issue.

I've done that several times already. The download estimate is 4 to 5 hours! I would never accept that for download speeds at any price. I'd like to see if I can download the beta whether there is a difference in speed. Because when I downloaded the last beta...which was about yesterday...took me no more than 5 minutes.

16 hours ago, HagensWatch said:

I can definitely confirm you guys have a problem. I was able to redownload the beta. It took me less than 2 minutes. That's how quick that download took. The official version is clocking in at 5 hours. You need to fix this as soon as possible. 

I think this just confirms that your ISP is having a problem downloading from Amazon's nearest CloudFront location, not that we or Amazon are experiencing problems. This is the only report of the issue, and we've had hundreds of thousands of downloads. My advice is to contact them and ask them why the download is so slow.

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

I think this just confirms that your ISP is having a problem downloading from Amazon's nearest CloudFront location, not that we or Amazon are experiencing problems. This is the only report of the issue, and we've had hundreds of thousands of downloads. My advice is to contact them and ask them why the download is so slow.

Thankfully the problem has gone away and I was able to download the file with no problems after a while. I guess there was a bottleneck causing the slowdown. Now...for the real new question. When are we getting the new beta 1.60.1?

I'm having the same problem as HagensWatch reported.  I just purchased the Affinity Designer this morning and have tried at least five times to download the program ... being told 7-14 hours for 220 mb to download.  That's ridiculous!  I tried downloading files of equal size from other sites just to make sure it wasn't a problem with my computer.  No problem downloading from any other site.  

Very disappointed if this is what to expect from Serif /Affinity in the future.  I'm a long-time Serif user (been buying every upgrade since DrawPlus X2) and have always relied on the great products Serif has produced in the past.  I also have AI CS 5 on one computer and AI CC 6cs on newest computer.  I don't "need" this software, I simply love the past versions of DrawPlus.  The ui is so much more intuitive than Adobe products.  But I'll be giving up on Serif if this is what to expect from their new products.  Just received notice that the download failed (again!) after 3.2 mbs.  

Wish I had read this forum thread before buying.   :  ( 

14 hours ago, teri said:

I'm having the same problem as HagensWatch reported.  I just purchased the Affinity Designer this morning and have tried at least five times to download the program ... being told 7-14 hours for 220 mb to download.  That's ridiculous!  I tried downloading files of equal size from other sites just to make sure it wasn't a problem with my computer.  No problem downloading from any other site.  

Very disappointed if this is what to expect from Serif /Affinity in the future.  I'm a long-time Serif user (been buying every upgrade since DrawPlus X2) and have always relied on the great products Serif has produced in the past.  I also have AI CS 5 on one computer and AI CC 6cs on newest computer.  I don't "need" this software, I simply love the past versions of DrawPlus.  The ui is so much more intuitive than Adobe products.  But I'll be giving up on Serif if this is what to expect from their new products.  Just received notice that the download failed (again!) after 3.2 mbs.  

Wish I had read this forum thread before buying.   :  ( 

Hi @teri, as I explained above, we don't host these files, they're hosted by Amazon's cloud services (Amazon S3 + Amazon CloudFront). So if you're disappointed in the speeds, you're either disappointed in Amazon's ability to host files, or your ISP. Now being that we've only had 2 complaints like this, I'm willing to bet that it's your ISP that's at fault here, and not Amazon (being that they host nearly all of the major websites in the entire world).

And secondly, you're comparing the download speed of an application, with it's features and abilities, which are two completely unrelated things.

Please contact your ISP and ask them why the download is so slow for you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.