You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updating from customer beta 1.6.0.86

I have received an email offering an update to version 1.6 plus free add-ons. I am currently running customer beta 1.6.0.86, when I opened the program there was an option to download the new version but all I could get to work was a link to buying the package. I have tried various things but have made no progress, presumably because I am using a beta version - how do I download the latest version plus the free add-ons without paying again.

16 hours ago, mike21 said:

I have received an email offering an update to version 1.6 plus free add-ons. I am currently running customer beta 1.6.0.86, when I opened the program there was an option to download the new version but all I could get to work was a link to buying the package. I have tried various things but have made no progress, presumably because I am using a beta version - how do I download the latest version plus the free add-ons without paying again.

mike21,

you have to start the retail version 1.5 to get the notification of the update to version 1.6.

You can also login to the Affinity website and go to your account details. There you can download the latest version.

Once you start the program after the update go to menu 'Help > Welcome'. This opens the welcome screen and in the main section you see an offer (and link) to download the free add-ons. (If you don't see this, try to flip through the various pages of this main section by clicking into the right half of the window).

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thank you. I have successfully installed the latest version. Initially I tried to install over the existing beta and although it seemed to do so I was still left with the existing beta version. I then uninstalled the beta and then installed the new one with no problem. I was able to access the extras but only downloaded two as I ran out of time available to do so - the 855 MB one would have taken over 45 minutes at my connection speed of 3 Mbps. Is there any way to get this third extra - the offer no longer appears when I load Affinity.

On 4.11.2017 at 0:05 PM, mike21 said:

Thank you. I have successfully installed the latest version. Initially I tried to install over the existing beta and although it seemed to do so I was still left with the existing beta version. I then uninstalled the beta and then installed the new one with no problem. I was able to access the extras but only downloaded two as I ran out of time available to do so - the 855 MB one would have taken over 45 minutes at my connection speed of 3 Mbps. Is there any way to get this third extra - the offer no longer appears when I load Affinity.

Hi mike21,

glad to hear that most of the problems got straightended out.

As far as I know the extras will be available until Nov. 16th. In regard to the download time of 45 minutes there should be plenty of time to get those 855 MB before the offer expires.

I am just a regular forum user. In case of doubt I suggest to contact customer service as explained on this page: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/38701-contact-us/

Best regards,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

1 hour ago, dominik said:

As far as I know the extras will be available until Nov. 16th. In regard to the download time of 45 minutes there should be plenty of time to get those 855 MB before the offer expires.

Given the  problems that many users have encountered when trying to access the offer, I would hope that Serif see fit to extend the offer period. That aside, you only need to claim the offer, not necessarily download it, before the deadline: once claimed, it will appear as a 'purchase' in your Affinity Store account, allowing you to download it (or re-download it) at any time.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

10 hours ago, Alfred said:

That aside, you only need to claim the offer, not necessarily download it, before the deadline: once claimed, it will appear as a 'purchase' in your Affinity Store account, allowing you to download it (or re-download it) at any time.

That's a good hint. I was not aware of that because for me the download worked flawlessly and I didn't look for them in the account section. Thanks.

d.

I have finally been successful - a long way round but I loaded the new program version on my laptop and when I opened the program I got the offer of the software. I then downloaded to one I had aborted and copied it to my desktop. I see it would have been easier to go via My Account - I shall know next time, if there is one. It would have helped if there had been an indication of file sizes before pressing the download button, rather than after. Thanks for all the help.

39 minutes ago, mike21 said:

It would have helped if there had been an indication of file sizes before pressing the download button, rather than after.

I completely agree. Even in these days of fast broadband, it can be useful to know the size of any file offered for download if it's more than a few megabytes.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, mike21 said:

I have finally been successful

Glad it worked out for you.

2 hours ago, mike21 said:

I shall know next time, if there is one. 

We all learn all the time. And I am sure there will be a next 'extra' at some time.

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.